cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C1161X, VOIP problem

Anatoly88178
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, one question to cisco guru. We using VOIP phones from external company, all phones registers via internet. We changed our old SOHO router to Cisco C1161X and phones can’t register anymore. ISP not changed, external IP not changed. When i put back old router all fine with phones. Looks like C1161X don’t let them register. Any suggestions what i need to add to my config ? Or maybe any suggestions how i can troubleshoot this problem ?

P.S. 

Tried this lines, no luck.

no ip nat service sip tcp port 5060

no ip nat service sip udp port 5060

9 Replies 9

What voip system, is it Cisco ? Are you using MRA ? Can you provide bit more information regarding the existing voip system setup ?

Response Signature

Anatoly88178
Level 1
Level 1

We using yealink phones. I don't know nothing about VOIP system on their end, because that is external company that give us that service. I just need to plug phone to internet and it registers with their PBX, then we can make calls. From any other router it works, but from new Cisco C1161X not ( 

Hi,

Sounds like you're using a hosted phone system.

Is it only the phones which use this router? if so, do you know if the phones obtain a DHCP address? If they don't, then you might want to try enabling the DHCP service using the "service dhcp" command on the router.

Based on the config you supplied, I don't see any reason why that couldn't communicate outbound to the Internet, however it would be better to change the statement under the PRIMARY_NAT ACL to just permitting your internal subnets instead of permitting ip any any. 

Worth also mentioning that your second match statement within your route-map won't be doing anything if the first match statement is being used, so consider removing that.

Not sure if this is a sanitised config, but would consider applying an ACL to restrict inbound traffic from trusted sources and apply inbound to your WAN interface. Without it, you'll open yourself up to all sorts of abuse, toll fraud etc and it will be (VERY) costly.

Hi, not only the phone, all other stuff works, laptops and etc. Phone obtain a DHCP address. ( 

Hi,

Would you mind sharing the current running configuration of the C1161X router please? 

What you mean ? it is attached to my first post

The config file you shared is not a full running configuration.

You say that you added the commands to disable SIP ALG in your first post, but the config isn't present in the file you've shared.

@Scott Leport there is running config, I put phone to test directly to router, phone gets ip from vlan1

If the phones used are Yealink phones and if its not a Cisco VoIP system,You better transfer this discussion  to network/security community.

Response Signature