Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C2921-CME-SRST/K9 and cisco unity express

Hi All,

I have some enquiries and i hope that someone can clarify them:

i have C2921-CME-SRST/K9 with 100 (4x FL-CME-SRST-25) seat license and i need to have 10 mailboxes so i used 

ISM-SRE-300-K9

SCUE-ISM-8.6-K9

2X FL-CUE-MBX-5

FL-CUE-NR-PORT-2

my questions

1- what is the purpose of this item FL-CUE-NR-PORT-2 and how much do i need for 10 mailbox _ and how they can be calculated

2-how many actual ip phone can be supported by this router model C2921-CME-SRST/K9 (i mean if i had 100 seat license does that mean that i can use 100 ip phone and IP communicator to be registered ?? and how many concurrent call supported ??)

3-can i use Cisco IP Communicator to login to the CME form LAN and from WAN also , is there any special requirements for this (i mean VPN or just i give Router wan interface as my Voice server, kindly i need to clear this point and if there are any refe. to this points kindly send it to me)

4-what is this part number IPCOMM86-LIC mean  i knw that is mean Cisco IP Communicator 8.6 license but is it a must ??? and what is the need for this item ?? is CIPC need license to work ??

5-can i use the two E1 port on this module  VWIC3-2MFT-T1/E1  as main and backup, i mean i use 30 channels as main and the other 30 channel as backup

sorry for all those questions but am confused and need any help

thanks for any help

8 Replies 8

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
  1. These are port licenses and indicate the maximum concurrent calls CUE will handle, both for people leaving voicemails and users checking their mailbox. There is no hard rule here but I recommend at least four.
  2. The ISR 2900 Series data sheet shows this and it is 100 phones for a 2921. This is the total number of all ephones, both physical or software in nature. Note that at 100 phones the router is likely to be at capacity (70% CPU average is maxed out); don't expect it to route a ton of traffic or do other things on top of the VoIP functionality.
  3. Sure as long as the CME bind-address is routable. Note that access from the Internet requires a VPN connection such as Cisco AnyConnect. Do NOT expose your CME router to the internet directly!
  4. This is a Right to Use license for the software client. Yes you need it though there is no tracking/enforcement.
  5. Yes. You can configure two E1 interfaces with the same clocking source. Whether your outgoing calls use both or only the first is up to how you build your POTS dial-peers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hi Mahmoud,

In addition to what Mr. Jonathan has explained beautifully(+5),  u can refer the URL for IP phones  model/number of phones if u are using SRST 9.1

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cusrst/requirements/guide/srs91spc.html

FL-CUE-NR-PORT-2 are the voice port licenses.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_1/install/upglic.pdf

regds,

aman

Nothing to say here your post is very helpful to me thanks for your help and support

i have another questions

1-do i need to use VPN connection to make this work (let CIPC login into CME Router) , also if i go with

Cisco AnyConnect do i need to use VSEC/K9 Router instead of CME-SRST/K9 , i confused about this, can you clear this or send me any case study or refe.

2-About CIPC do yo mean that IPCOMM86-LIC is not a mandatory to make the CIPC connected to CME i mean this is not a license to be installed  this is just paper work but has no effect on CIPC to be connected to CME,, right???

Again many Thanks to you , i really appreciate your help

Hi Mahmoud,

For Query 2, IPCOMM86-LIC is a license which needs to be purchased which is RTU/honour based and

IPCOMM86-SW would be the main SKU.

regds,

aman

@Aman Thanks for your help

do you mean that if i use CIPC without this license it will work without any problem (this is RTU/honour based mean ,right ??)

So i need to use 5 CIPC

so if i go right i will order

5x IPCOMM86-SW

5x IPCOMM86-LIC

however i can just order

5x IPCOMM86-SW

and still have all 5 CIPC working fine, is this correct ??

thanks again

Hi Mahmoud,

You are correct.

But u should purchase.Also, explained in step 4 by Mr. Jonathan.

regds,

aman

1-do i need to use VPN connection to make this work (let CIPC login into CME Router) , also if i go with Cisco AnyConnect do i need to use VSEC/K9 Router instead of CME-SRST/K9 , i confused about this, can you clear this or send me any case study or refe. 

You only need a VPN connection if you are connecting to CME from an untrusted network (i.e. the Internet). If you are at another site on your LAN/WAN which can route to the CME IP address it will work fine. Note that NAT and firewalls in the traffic path typically break VoIP since the layer seven signaling (e.g. SCCP) contains IPs and port numbers.

As for the VSEC bundle: this enables the crypto functionality but would not include the required AnyConnect Essentials licenses. Again, remember that VPN happens occures primarily in the CPU of the router. If you're going to be near the 100 phone maximum it may make sense to split VPN termination out to an ASA (recommended) or another ISR.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thanks Jonathan,

all user will connected in LAN but i will have at least 5 user connected with CIPC through internet using ADSL

so if i have Static real IP on my wan interface _ ADSL interface_ how can i make CIPC login into CME ???

i supposed to use this command  ip source-address x.x.x.x

where x.x.x.x is my real static IP

however i should make x.x.x.x a internal IP or loopback so how can i do this

can i login using my internet public IP or there is must be a VPN ?? i mean how i can CIPC login into CME ??,how can i configure it ??

kindly find attached topology and advice

I setup CIPC and i found that i can just configure TFTP server IP so i think there is no relation btw source-address IP and configuration of CIPC

i am very confused right now how CIPC can register with CME , i think the only solution is with VPN ,,am i wrong in this assumption ??

can any one tell me what is the possible scenarios to make CIPC login into CME through internet what is the pre-requists for this ??