Views
Helpful
Replies

call a number which makes a certain list of phones auto answer on auto

CTOSHRP
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there, 

In our system we would like to implement a feature where, for example, i call a number and a bunch of phones auto answer and the broadcast comes out the cisco 8841 speaker. is such a thing possible? i can see problems in the threads with cisco auto answer but our situation is a little different. 

we would like to dial 100 (for example) and then have 6 or so cisco phones auto answer and broadcast the message from the internal caller. does any one know if it's possible, and where to find the documentation for this? 

thanks a lot 

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's called paging, you need the paging server to do that. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You didn’t say which call control platform you are using. If CUCM, Jaime is correct that you need Cisco Paging Server, Singlewire Informacast (which is what Cisco is whitelabeling in the first option), or another ecosystem product - there are a bunch of them.

If Webex Calling multi-tenant (WxC-MT) paging is built-in up to 75 phones per-group. A lot of customers are migrating from CUCM to WxC-MT.

CTOSHRP
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there, 

Apologies, it is indeed the CUCM we are using. I'll look into what is needed for the cisco paging server