Views
Helpful
Replies

Call classification

klaus.seewald
Level 1
Level 1

Dear expert.

I have the following situation.  Call comes in from Gateway to phone A. Phone has on its line a "Forward no Answer External"  to other Extension B after 10 seconds.

Call works fine.

When call comes in via same Gateway to phone C, C answers the call and make a Transfer to A it´s not working, because it look like an internal call and there is "Forward no Answer Internal" specified (and should not be set).

Is it possible to mark this call as external so that this call is forwarded correctly?

If it is design ident and can´t be changed please let me also know.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

A transferred call from another IP phone would never be considered External, so you would need to have the forward no answer internal set to desired destination. There is no way to force internal calls as OffNet without routing them via route pattern, but they would affect all calls to that destination, so how would that differ from just setting internal forwarding.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

A transferred call from another IP phone would never be considered External, so you would need to have the forward no answer internal set to desired destination. There is no way to force internal calls as OffNet without routing them via route pattern, but they would affect all calls to that destination, so how would that differ from just setting internal forwarding.

Hi Chris,

that´s what I expected. Problem is, that the external callers should be routet to Deskphone, and the internal never should be forwarded. So therefore you have the difference in external and internal! So it looks like that there is no way to fix this.

Not for transferred calls.  

It is not something you can control but why don't you just have the user supervise the transfer to phone A and if phone A is not able to pick up then give them a speed dial to send the call to externally. Or is this something you need to scale larger than the scenario described.

You might want to go into the business requirement around why phone C has to pick up the call and transfer blindly to an extension that may or may not pick up and if the call is from the outside it is important and not the inside. 

I have to figure out with customer his need. But I wanted to know what is possible. I am ok if i know that this is an internal call.

Thanks for your answers!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: