Helpful
Replies

call disconnect on fax with 2811

mHadi
Level 1
Level 1

hi dear friends,

we have a 2811 cisco router, which a SIP-Line from TELCO is connected to it,

when we call to a customer fax number through this SIP-Line, we hear their fax tone, but router disconnect call after 8~10 seconds,

and even when we call from outside, to our internal fax server number, again through this SIP-Line, router disconnect call after 8~10 seconds,

i test this flow with a FXO-Gateway-Sangoma-Vega-50 and in both outgoing and incoming call to fax, call still connect near 2 minutes without any problem,

but about 2811 router and SIP-Line, it only keep call 8~10 seconds and then disconnect.

i test fax protocol commands in (Voice-Service-Voip) and in ( Dial-peer Voip) but it does not solve the issue

where is problem?

how can i solve it?

i will be grateful if helping me

Mohammadreza Hadi
2 Replies 2

U tried t.38 or G711 passthrough.

below is an Imagicle fax server configuration.

Configuring Voice Gateways using SIP or H.323 protocol

In this configuration, StoneFax directly sends and receives SIP calls managing faxes through T.38 first and fallback to passthrough in case T.38 is not available (e.g.: sending fax internally to Cisco ATA devices).

This configuration can be chosen if you have CallManager Express or if you have CallManager with at least one voice port configured in h.323 or SIP. You cannot directly send faxes through the Voice Gateway if it is configured with MGCP.

On the voice gateway you must enable T.38 and fallback to G.711 passthrough in global configuration mode (G.711alaw in the examples)

voice service voip

fax protocol t38 fallback pass-through g711alaw

Then a dial-peer must be added to route incoming faxes to StoneFax. The session target points to the IAS machine and the codec is g711alaw.

dial-peer voice 1 voip
   description INCOMING FAX FROM PSTN TO STONEFAX
   destination-pattern 4..
   session target ipv4:10.10.10.1
   session protocol sipv2
   codec g711alaw
   no vad    

Response Signature

Hi,

thanks for your attention,

yes, i test it with both alaw and ulaw,

but it does not work