Replies

Call Forward All to Voicemail problems using Voicemail checkbox

eduestme2
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM 9.1.2.12901-3

CUC 9.1.2ES59.12901-59

Phones models: 8945 and 9971

I am having an issue when forwarding to voice mail using the Checkbox Voicemail.  I know this is probably a simple answer but I'm stumped.

I am going into the DN Configuration page for extension A.  Under Call Forward, for the destination I am Fill in the Voicemail option

Forward Busy Internal

Forward Busy External

Forward No Answer Internal

Forward No Answer External

Forward No Coverage Internal

Forward No Coverage External

Forward on CTI Failure

Forward Unregistered Internal

Forward Unregistered External

And I am checking the Voicemail check boxes and the the forward calling search spaces have permission to reach the voicemail pilot. The directory number has voice mail profile.

When I press the button Messages on the phone, it is possible to reach Unity Connection normally. When I fill in Forward all option (CFA) pointing to the Voicemail Pilot number works fine.

But when I have it setup this way, each extension will bounce to the other and will not go to voicemail. I Hear "Your Call Cannot Be Complete as

dialed.."

When I put the voicemail Pilot number, the Cisco Unity Answer normally.

Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks like that the problem you are facing there is because of the Calling Search Space Activation Policy being set to use With Activating Device/Line CSS wherein it looks for the CSS at device and line level and there is none for your case and hence it is not respecting the CSS that you are defining for Forward All and Secondary CSS for Forward All

"If you prefer to utilize the combination of the Directory Number Calling Search Space and Device Calling Search Space without explicitly configuring a Forward All Calling Search Space, select With Activating Device/Line CSS for the Calling Search Space Activation Policy. With this option, when Forward All is activated from the phone, the Forward All Calling Search Space and Secondary Calling Search Space for Forward All automatically gets populated with the Directory Number Calling Search Space and Device Calling Search Space for the activating device.

With this configuration (Calling Search Space Activation Policy set to With Activating Device/Line), if the Forward All Calling Search Space is set to None, when forward all is activated through the phone, the combination of Directory Number Calling Search Space and activating Device Calling Search Space gets used to verify the forward all attempt."

Try changing it to either Use System Default or With Configured CSS and then it should work. If you want to leave the Calling Search Space Activation Policy being set to use With Activating Device/Line CSS then assign the CSS-Mex-Device in the Calling Search Space under Directory Number settings and it should work then as well.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks like that the problem you are facing there is because of the Calling Search Space Activation Policy being set to use With Activating Device/Line CSS wherein it looks for the CSS at device and line level and there is none for your case and hence it is not respecting the CSS that you are defining for Forward All and Secondary CSS for Forward All

"If you prefer to utilize the combination of the Directory Number Calling Search Space and Device Calling Search Space without explicitly configuring a Forward All Calling Search Space, select With Activating Device/Line CSS for the Calling Search Space Activation Policy. With this option, when Forward All is activated from the phone, the Forward All Calling Search Space and Secondary Calling Search Space for Forward All automatically gets populated with the Directory Number Calling Search Space and Device Calling Search Space for the activating device.

With this configuration (Calling Search Space Activation Policy set to With Activating Device/Line), if the Forward All Calling Search Space is set to None, when forward all is activated through the phone, the combination of Directory Number Calling Search Space and activating Device Calling Search Space gets used to verify the forward all attempt."

Try changing it to either Use System Default or With Configured CSS and then it should work. If you want to leave the Calling Search Space Activation Policy being set to use With Activating Device/Line CSS then assign the CSS-Mex-Device in the Calling Search Space under Directory Number settings and it should work then as well.

Regards

Deepak

Thank you Deepak Rawat for you answer.

I changed the CFA CSS Activation Policy to the value "With Activating Device/Line CSS" and also "With Configured CSS" and I have the same failure. The users can consult the voicemail using the voicemail button, but the call is not forwarded to Unity if the DN have CFA to VM checkbox is checked.

I restarted the Callmanager nodes and had the same behavior.

Afterwards I could see that the CSS from the Voicemail Pilot did not have the partition of the route pattern that point to the Sip trunk of the CUC (Unity).

I selected the partition “PT-MEX-VOICEMAIL” inside the CSS “CSS-MEX-SIPT-VOICEMAIL” and the problem was solved!

The curious part is: Why the phones could reach Unity by the voicemail button if the Voicemail Pilot was the same?

Attached is the problem and solution.

Thank you!

Hi there,

In addition to the great help from my friend Deepak (+5) I think the attached thread explains the scenario you described and why things work the way you saw;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/10447491/voice-mail-pilot-css

Cheers!

Rob