Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward External Issue

m_nichols1971
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Have an issue where if a call is transferred internal to a phone that is forwarded to an external number, the external number (say a cell phone) will ring once or twice and then the call just drops.  The person being transferred hears the old hold music the whole time like if they were on hold and a transfer was never attempted.

If you call that same number that is being forwarded external from a cell phone then the forwards external with no issues.  Also, if you place an internal call to the phone that is being forwarded external that works as well.  The issue only seems to happen when you transfer a call to another phone that is being forwarded external. 

Any Ideas?  Thanks

CUCM 12.5.1

remote site with a voice router connected via SIP Trunk

4 Replies 4

Suspect that your SIP trunk service provider could be dropping the call. Do a debug ccsip message and compare the working and non working output. Also look for if the SP is sending any message about not allowed call.

Response Signature

sorry, meant that the voice router connects back to call manager via SIP for signaling, but local at the site the call is going out a PRI.  I'll try the debug and see what I get.  Just odd that call forward external works except when a call is transferred internal to a phone that is forwarded.  Thanks

In that case grab a "debug ccsip mess" and "debug isdn q931" from the gateway for both a working and a non working call.  That'll give us a starting point.

finally working with the LEC but not getting very far.  I've attached two logs, one of a working call and one as a failed call.

Working is a call from my cell to the site and that phone is forwarded external to a cell phone... this works

Other log is a I call the site, they transfer the call to another phone internal that is forwarding external... this fails.  Call also fails if phone A calls phone B and Phone transfer to phone C which is forwarded external.. this also fails