Views
Helpful
Replies

call-forward noan issue

nmdc.kzstan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

There are two user groups: Managers and Personnel. Only Managers group can call mobile phone numbers: 98... .......

In every ephone-dn there is a "call-forward noan 98XXX XXXXXXX" entry where XXX XXXXXXX is the mobile phone number

of a particular user. When a user from Managers group calls someone and there is no answer his call is forwarded to mobile number.

The problem is Personnel groups calls are not forwarded. That's because Personnel group is not allowed to call mobile numbers.

Is there a workaround for this issue?

TIA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Craig Dyer
Level 3
Level 3

Good Morning,

I would suggest copy your existing dial peer that is used for mobile calls to a new one, change for COR and change the pattern to A98XXX XXXXXXX

And change the call forward to "call-forward noan A98XXX XXXXXXX" DTMF tone A,B,C and D are all valid but as there is no equivalent on a phone keypad it stops 'users' dialing them but is great for call routing on CME boxes.

Hope this helps,

Craig

(PLEASE RATE HELPFUL POSTS)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to configure specific DPs for each mobile number that can be called by everyone.

These DPs will have no COR applied.

Craig Dyer
Level 3
Level 3

Good Morning,

I would suggest copy your existing dial peer that is used for mobile calls to a new one, change for COR and change the pattern to A98XXX XXXXXXX

And change the call forward to "call-forward noan A98XXX XXXXXXX" DTMF tone A,B,C and D are all valid but as there is no equivalent on a phone keypad it stops 'users' dialing them but is great for call routing on CME boxes.

Hope this helps,

Craig

(PLEASE RATE HELPFUL POSTS)

Thanks, that's what I was looking for