cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call forward to external not working

NOCExpert
Level 1
Level 1

I added mobile phone number to forward my all calls. But when I am trying from another mobile its not forwarding

5 Replies 5

NOCExpert
Level 1
Level 1

Directory Number Configuration.png

This type of question has been asked and thoroughly answered in more posts than I can count in the community. It is most likely because the calling number sent to your service provider is not accepted by them, many SPs will not allow the call to proceed if the calling number is not one that is apart of your assigned number range. Advise you to do a search in the community and if you still need additional help return to this post with your specific question(s).

Response Signature

NOCExpert
Level 1
Level 1

But what is the solution? How to fix? I am tired of searching others post.

There are a few options for this.

• You need to check with your service provider if they have a service that would accept any calling number, even if it doesn’t belong to you. This often comes at a price 
  • Translate the called number if it doesn’t belong to your assigned number range(s) to a number that does
  • Check with your SP if they require any additional information to allow calling numbers that does not belong to you. Many SIP services require either Diversion or PAI header, possibly both but not very common, to do this 

Response Signature

In the links for suggested post related to yours this one is top of the list.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/incoming-e1-call-forward-to-external-not-working/m-p/4551229

I don’t know how hard you tried to find similar posts, but it took me about half a minute to find this one.

Response Signature