Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forwarding not sending origonal number

Andrew Melsom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I Am trying to configure Call Manager so that when an External Caller calls in and is forwarded to an external number, It will keep the caller as the originator. Currently it is changing it to the transformation under the Route Pattern is there any way to do this so that just external number do not get transformed ?

Checking the Debugs on the Voice Router is looks like it is sending it with the transformed number and not the original number.

Thanks

Andy

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Richard Simmons
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Andy,

From the sounds of it you are trying to hairpin a call on the Gateway, i.e External call comes in and then goes back out. Typically most providers only allow you to present a CLI number which is on the circuit range or other non-geographic numbers that you may own.

So even if you were to present the original callers number as the calling party to the gateway, whether that be a mobile or landline, I suspect the carrier would override it with either the circuit default or block the CLI.

You can check this by setting the External Phone Number Mask on your line as a different number, monitor the gateway to see what number is sent and then see what is presented as CLI

Regards,

Richard

View solution in original post

Hi Andy,

I'm surprised that they allow you to do that, basically letting you spoof calls from any number - I would spend some time on validating this first to see if they do actually allow it.

I assume the use case for this is CFA or CFNA configured on a DN? 

Under System > Service Parameters > Call Manager - you could try setting Retain Forward Information Required Field to True

Regards,

Richard

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Richard Simmons
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Andy,

From the sounds of it you are trying to hairpin a call on the Gateway, i.e External call comes in and then goes back out. Typically most providers only allow you to present a CLI number which is on the circuit range or other non-geographic numbers that you may own.

So even if you were to present the original callers number as the calling party to the gateway, whether that be a mobile or landline, I suspect the carrier would override it with either the circuit default or block the CLI.

You can check this by setting the External Phone Number Mask on your line as a different number, monitor the gateway to see what number is sent and then see what is presented as CLI

Regards,

Richard

Hi Richard

I Have Confirmed with the provider of The ISDN that it will allow this as this was my initial concern bur they are adamant that this will allow in so i need to proved that it is the ISDN.

Any idea how i can achieve this.

Thanks For your help

Hi Andy,

I'm surprised that they allow you to do that, basically letting you spoof calls from any number - I would spend some time on validating this first to see if they do actually allow it.

I assume the use case for this is CFA or CFNA configured on a DN? 

Under System > Service Parameters > Call Manager - you could try setting Retain Forward Information Required Field to True

Regards,

Richard

Thanks Richard, Created a separate Route Pattern to test and managed to prove that this was the case that the ISDN Provider was translating the number.

Are you in the uk , if so confirm that you have something called type 3 cli  enabled with the carrier as without that it won't work.

to prove what you're sending run a debug isdn q931 on the gateway and post it here so we can double check.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: