Views
Helpful
Replies

Call forwarding not working when phoning internally

ziqex
Level 4
Level 4

Hello everyone,

I am facing the following issue. The call forwarding is set on the extension. It forwards calls to the mobile number. While phoning externally, call forwarding is working correctly. However, when you phoning extension internally, you can only experience busy line and call is not directed to the mobile. I tried running debug ccsip messages on the cube to compare working and non-working scenario, but I cannot see the calls there I can see other calls in term mon.

I assume that the forwarding issue is probably related to the presentation of the number to the provider (mobile phone number). Any advice or suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have finally resolved the issue with forwarding.

Service parameter of clusterwide parameters feature - general was changed.

Local route group for redirected calls was changed from local route group of calling party (that is the default setting.) to local route group of original called party. 

The parameter change does not require the restart of any service or the cluster. 

Because it is the clusterwide setting once change on single cluster will replicate across other servers. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

pwenger
Level 3
Level 3

Hello

What happens when you forward the call to an internal extension?

You wrote, that the forwarded call never arrives on CUBE. So the cause must be on CUCM.

Have you checked the forwarding calling search space? What is DNA (dialled number analyzer) showing you?

What is the format of your calling number when you dial out and what is your ISP expecting?

Regards

Peter

Pankaj_yadav
Level 1
Level 1

Is this problem resolved ?

If not tn check Call forwarding CSS and the prefix( if any ) before the mobile number.

Is this problem resolved ?

If not tn check Call forwarding CSS and the prefix( if any ) before the mobile number.

The issue is still not resolver. Call forwarding CSS is correct it was compared to other sites with the same setup. 

There is no any issue with the prefix as the calls from external numbers are forwarded to the mobile correctly. 

Any other suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you

I have finally resolved the issue with forwarding.

Service parameter of clusterwide parameters feature - general was changed.

Local route group for redirected calls was changed from local route group of calling party (that is the default setting.) to local route group of original called party. 

The parameter change does not require the restart of any service or the cluster. 

Because it is the clusterwide setting once change on single cluster will replicate across other servers.