cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forwarding with 8 LD and 9 Local prefix

Sean Dunn
Level 1
Level 1

We have a multi city environment where they dial 9 for local calls and 8 for LD.

If a person in City A puts 9+local cell phone in their call forward all and a person from City B calls them. The call will use the callers (City B) local trunks to send the call. Since 9 is for local the call will be directed to the local trunk in City B and the call will fail because the local truck does not allow LD. If instead the person in City A puts a 8 in front of the number then calls in the local Site at City A will fail.

What I have been trying to do is use the Call Forwarding CSS to correct this via TP with no luck.

Is there a way to predot the call based on the calling number and the destination and then I could just have the people us the 10 digit number for call forward all? Thoughts on another way to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Sean

Running 8.0.3 with MGCP gateways

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Why would you have different off-net access codes for Local vs. LD dialing?  In all my experience I have never see such a deployment. Can you explain the reasoning?

Chris

Politics, the customer does not want thier users to dial LD if they think they are dialing local and be billed for the call.

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sean,

You can use xlation patterns. What you need to is

1. create xlation pattern for the for the dialled number and manipulate the number to a routable number

2. Add the PT for the xlation pattern to the CFA css of the user.

3.  Ensure the CSS on the xlation pattern has acess to dial the final manipulated/dialled number.

Does that help?

Please rate all useful posts

aokanlawom,

Unfortunately that will not work because of the 8 vs 9 issue. What I have come up with it to separate the PT/CSS of the CFA and send all the calls out an LD circuit. Problem is I cannot differentiate the location of the caller location since the called persons CFA CSS is what the call is using. If I set the callers CSS to modify the predot then I am breaking the policy of making people dial an 8 for LD so that they know they will be billed for LD.

So the politics is that if someone forwards a call to there cell, it should be local only and TEHO should cause the call to be non-billable.

Sean,

I am sure we may be able to work something out if I really understand the scenario..I am a little bit confused. Can you use numbers to describe it..

eg DN=555 cfwdal=871234 (should use ld, or not) etc

Please rate all useful posts