Views
Helpful
Replies

Call forwarding with voicemail

Sakun Sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

When I forward a call from DN (Directory Number) A to DN B using Call Forward and Call Pickup Settings in DN, after maximum bells, call goes to DN A voicemail. I want that once call is forwarded to DN B, it should go to DN B voicemail.

Basically I want to forward all the calls from DN A to DN B and if no answer then it should go to DN B voicemail.

How can this be done?

Kind regards

Sakun

9 Replies 9

Diego Chvz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sakun,

If what you need is to have all calls to DN A immediately sent to B and this rings X times and then, if no answer, the call can be forwarded to DN B voicemail, you can achieve this by typing DN B in the Call Forward All option in DN A config so that all calls can be forwarded immediately to DN B, then you must check the voice mail checkbox in the Call Forward No Answer Internal / External in the DN B configuration and the respective seconds you require DN B to ring, so that the original call can be forwarded to voice mail of DN B after the time you set.
But if you want DN A first to ring before the call is sent to DN B, type DN B in Call Forward No Answer instead of Call Forward All option, and configure the time of ringing as well.

I hope this helps you.

Don't forget to rate all useful posts.

Hi Diego,

In that case as well, it goes to DN A voicemail.

Thanks

Sakun

Sakun,

The receiving end is what decides what number to use to look up the mailbox. There are information elements for original called party, and last redirecting party. Both of those IE's will be in the INVITE to Exchange. Exchange is deciding to use original called party to find the mailbox. It would be an exchange configuration setting to make it prefer last redirecting party, but I suspect that would be a global parameter. That could have some unintended consequences.

Hello,

I think I've come up with a solution but it might be too much work for you. The key lays on the fact that the VM looks at the redirecting number and that it cannot be modified on the CUCM, so we can try this:

Let's assume DN B is on PT_B and DN a is on PT_A

First you set a secondary DN on phone A which would be the same number as B, put in PT_FWD, for example.

Then we set a TP on PT_A with number A ,CSS_FWD, and changing the called number B.

Finally we set the CFW option on phone A, line B to CSS_B, which will ring DN B on phone B, but with redirecting also B.

So, as the VM has no concept of PT, we can fool it and set both called and redirecting to number B, thus triggering VM on phone B.

Let us know if it works, best regards.

José Manuel.

Please rate helpful posts.

Valeriy Kuznetsov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Sakun,

If you are using Unity Connection please proceed to System Settings > Advanced > Conversations menu, then select checkbox for parameter 'Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call'.

This will result call forward to voicemail of DN B as you expect.

It's worth mentioning that such parameter is global, and it will affect ALL calls in the deployment.

OP What you're seeing is WAD, by default CUC will choose the original called number to choose the mailbox.

You can use the above parameter, but again, ALL calls to CUC will be affected, if you only want that for a very specific call flow, you probably want to look at call routing rules instead.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Valkuzne and Jamie,

I don't have Unity Connection. I am using Microsoft Exchange as mailbox server with Cisco Call Manager 8.6.

Jamie, can you give me a brief overview how to do that with call routing?

Kind regards

Sakun

Nope, because that would be configured in CUC.

Aside from trying to create a VM profile which in which you hardcode the DN of B to try and force that as the number you're sending, if that doesn't work, you would need to ask MS about this.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime

It does forward the call to the DN B by creating a new Voicemail Profile, but then it keep ringing DN B, it does goes to voicemail of DN B. May be I am doing something wrong.

I created a voicemail pilot with DN B number and created a voicemail profile to use that pilot.

On DN A, I set that as a voicemail profile and set forward all calls to voicemail.

Sakun