Views
Helpful
Replies

Call from ip phone to PSTN failed via CUBE

ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i have user using PBX, and connected to our CUBE, for outgoing call to PSTN using prefix 9 (9+destination number)

everything normal except call from ip phone of PBX call to PSTN local area (normally doesn't need area code) should use area code.

for example when i want to call 6727979, it should be just 9 + 6727979, but its failed, and need to make 9 + area code + 6727979.

i attached result of debug ccsip messages from CUBE (inside an example call from 108 to 6727979). and CUBE configuration

please help

regards,

Ahmed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

SIP providers need to see full 10 or 11 digit numbers, so I am assuming you are getting telco error message. If you want to allow your users to be able to dial 7 digits for this site, then you will need to prefix the area code before sending the call to ITSP. You can do that either on CUCM via for example called party transformation via CSS applied to the SIP trunk, or via voice translation rules on CUBE.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

SIP providers need to see full 10 or 11 digit numbers, so I am assuming you are getting telco error message. If you want to allow your users to be able to dial 7 digits for this site, then you will need to prefix the area code before sending the call to ITSP. You can do that either on CUCM via for example called party transformation via CSS applied to the SIP trunk, or via voice translation rules on CUBE.

As mentioned by Chris, provider might be expecting the area codes to route the calls. Another thing I see in the logs is that the CUBE receive invite from the PBX, sending trying and then getting a CANCEL message from the PBX side which results in clearing this call. Due to this, the CUBE sends CANCEL message to the provider.

If you could get the debug for a working scenario, we could check the behavior for that.

HTH

Rajan