Views
Helpful
Replies

Call History not being saved

neilo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a client experiencing issues with their Call History not being saved on their phones.  It works for around 3 weeks then it stops saving the call history, they can resolve the issue by clearing the trust list but the issue just reappears after 3 weeks.  They are running CUCM V8.6.(2a), the phones are

7941 handsets on SCCP41.9-2-1Sfirmware.  We have tried a different firmware version but this made no difference.  This is not affecting all users but the list is growing.

Has anyone seen this issue before, any help would be great.

Regards

Neil

3 Replies 3

Hi neilo,

Call history is not saved on their phone, it saved on CUCM and phone need to access the information to be displayed. Try making a default factory to the phone and use the last firmware available for CUCM8.6

Regards.

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Neil,

1. The call history of a phone is saved on his own internal memory, in this case this feature

of the devices are enable by default and you can check the call history in the following

link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/ip_phones/8941_45/english/user/guide/b_8941_45_ug_release9_0_chapter_01.html#t_viewcallhistory

2. But if you are looking for something like below..

Example : Most Cisco phones when you start to dial, will display recently dialed numbers that start with the same digits you've entered.

So if I dial "9416" it will show me a list of recently dialed numbers like:

9416266xxxx

9416293yyyy

9416299zzzz

Then firmware version of 9.3.1 was supposed to fix this issue. Could you upgrade the phone firmware either to 9.3.1 or latest & see if it fixes ?

GP.

Pls rate the post if it helps !!

Hi,

Many thanks for the advice and information.

I've applied this firmware, carried out a reboot and a factory reset but this has made no difference, calls are not being saved.  Is there something I'm missing?

Regards

Neil