Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager Express - Callers do not hear ringing or MoH

kwaldecker
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am working on a call manager express with the following issues.  Any help would be great!

Issue 1:  Callers do not hear any ringing when being transferred or calling into the system from the Telco.  Only hear silence

Issue 2: MoH does not work.  Callers only hear silence when on hold or being transferred  ( attempting to fix that by turning on multicast

ios is 12.4(15)T4

call manager expres 4.1

thanks!

12 Replies 12

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should update, for example, to 15.0(1)M4.

wouldn't that involve upgrade the CUE card in it as well?

No, otherwise I would have mentioned.

Clearly, you would have benefits updating CUE as well.

are there any items i can check on the system for the ringing not being heard without upgrading the IOS?

the reason i ask is the router is in CA and I am in NC so if something happens i have no way of bringing it back up

thanks

Best approach is to update to something that is known to work. Old IOS is riddled with bugs (actually, new IOS is also).

Nothing bad happens when things are done correctly. I maintain hundres of remote routers and without any issues.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.

thanks Paolo,

I got the Music On Hold to work - whoever configured the router never turned on the multicast

still when transferring a call there is only silence.

any configuration i can check for that?   i can't upgrade the ios until a scheduled maintenance window so i'll keep looking for configuration help

Current IOS doe not need any multicast command for MoH to work.

You can take the approach you want to make your customer happy, mine is to solve issues within the less amount of time.

once i added the command

multicast moh x.x.x.x port xxx

to the system the MoH started working.

So that was definitely a configuration issue

I'm hoping the transfer is as well as the group that install the system wasn't top notch

thanks again

kwaldecker
Level 1
Level 1

Update on the ringing not being heard.

After talking with the customer and troubleshooting it looks like Ringing does work IP phone to IP Phone

but does not work on inbound calls from their SIP provider

anything to look for on the SIP side?

Check "debug ccsip signal". If router sends alerting, and does not open RTP yet, it's ITSP responsability to generate ringback tone toward caller.

i have the debug ccsip commnad but it does not have the signal opton

only these options

all

calls

error

events

info

media

preauth

states

transport

on a side note, do you know what the "service session" command does under a dial-peer?

i am comparing this config with a known working config and the router that does work has this command

Sorry, I meant "ccsip message".

Service session is the default and command does not do anything.

Maybe the other router has PSTN, not SIP.