Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager Express Presence Subscriptions

Kevin Parsons
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

Does anyone know a way to get around the maximum presence subscriptions on a CME router?  Apparently the max is tied to the max-dn capability of the specific router platform (300 for 2911, 400 for 2921, et. al.)

Short of upgrading the router is there anything that can be done to circumvent this limitation?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Kevin

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, no way to increase it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I was afraid that was going to be the answer.

OK, another question then:

How does CME configure the number of subscriptions for presence?  And is the maximum number of subscriptions tied to the max-dn per router platform?

The reason I ask is when I did a "show presence global" command, it reported max subscriptions as 300, and current subscriptions as 305.  There are only 35 phones on the entire system.

I would think it would make sense that subscriptions would work from a "I am a phone, I am subscribing to presence" standpoint, thereby putting the total subscriptions to 35.  Instead, it seems that it works as a "I am monitoring your presence status, so each and every blf-speed-dial command on the system is a subscription" basis.

Any ideas or knowledge on how the subscription for presence works?

Every single BLF will be a separate subscription.  This is why CUPS/IM&Presence utilizes a Publish model instead.

I have the same problem too,

I have 36 phone and maximum number of subscriptions is 300 and its showing 305 and only 12 phone are working on blf other are not....

anyone have the solution