cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Park on Call Manager 8.5?

victoriabardy
Level 4
Level 4

We are in the process of moving a new office to our centralized call manager that currently uses the Call Park feature.  They want this set up for 4 lines with 4 parks.  I added a a Call Park configuration under Call Park in CUCM with a mask of 795[0-5] to allow for the numbers and added Park to a phone for testing.  However when I park a call it goes to 7950 and when I try to pull it down to a different phone to retrieve the call from call park I get a fast busy.

I have the call park set up to our internal partition so all of our phones can pull the calls that ar parked.  What am I missing here?

Do I need to configure a route pattern for the call Park numbers?

If anyone here at the forum can assist with this it would be great.

Thank you.

Rgds,

Vicky

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, that is all you need.  Ensure the partition is in fact available on the device's CSS.

Can you retrive the call back from the phone that parked it?

Chris

Hi Chris,

Yes I get the call bouncing back to the phone where the park was initiated.  Do I need to set u specific extensions for Call Park?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Vicky,

Is it possible that the IP phones you are testing with are registered to

different servers in the cluster?

If you have 3 servers in the cluster there should be 3 park number

ranges shown via Feature>Call Park and each range should be associated to 1 of the 3

Communication manager servers. So it might look something like this

400x - CM_1

401x - CM_2

402x - CM_3

Table 4-3     Call Park Configuration Settings

#

Field

#

Description

#

Call Park Number/Range

#

Enter the call park extension number. You can enter literal digits or the wildcard character X (the system allows one or two Xs). For example, enter 5555 to define a single call park extension number of 5555 or enter 55XX to define a range of call park extension numbers from 5500 to 5599.

#

Note You can create a maximum of 100 call park numbers with one call park range definition. Make sure that the call park numbers are unique.

#

Note You cannot overlap call park numbers between Cisco Unified Communications Manager servers. Ensure that each Cisco Unified Communications Manager server has its own number range.

#

Description

#

Provide a brief description of this call park number.

#

Partition

#

If you want to use a partition to restrict access to the call park numbers, choose the desired partition from the drop-down list box. If you do not want to restrict access to the call park numbers, choose for the partition.

#

See Searching for a Partition in the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration Guide for instructions on finding a partition when there are a large number of them configured.

#

Note Make sure that the combination of call park extension number and partition is unique within the Cisco Unified Communications Manager cluster.

#

Cisco Unified Communications Manager

#

Using the drop-down list box, choose the Cisco Unified Communications Manager to which these call park numbers apply.

#

Note You can create a maximum of 100 call park numbers with one call park range definition. Make sure that the call park numbers are unique.

#

Note You cannot overlap call park numbers between Cisco Unified Communications Manager servers. Ensure that each Cisco Unified Communications Manager server has its own number range.

"Configure a unique call park number or define a range of call park extension numbers

for each Cisco Unified Communications Manager in the cluster."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fscallpk.html#wp1150638

Cheers!

Rob