cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

call park overlapping internal and external calls

zephynator
Level 1
Level 1

Apparently we have been fighting this issue for a while, we just did not test properly to pick it up. Calls from external numbers and internal numbers all park just fine. The problem is that if I call from two external numbers and get parked, I will use up the first two park slots. However, if I then call from two more internal numbers, and park those calls, they are assigned the same exact park numbers as the first two external calls. I have cleared out my park slots and built them over again multiple times. I have tried defining them on the pub by itself and then the sub by itself. They appear not to work at all when only defined on the pub.

I have a TAC case open, but was wondering if anyone had seen this kind of behavior before. I can replicate it with a whole seperate Partition and CSS build, and have tried both 2-digit and 4-digit park numbers. Anyone have any clues on this? No major changes to our system since installation about 8 months ago. BE6K running 9.1.1.21010-1

Just a shot in the dark...Thanks for any help!

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Can you check what this setting is configured for (true or false)

Cluster-wide Call Park behavior

With Cluster-wide Call Park, centralized Cisco Unified CM  deployments that host multiple locations on a single cluster (such as  retail stores and bank branches) place the park numbers for each  location into the partitions that are devoted to those locations. This  placement prevents parties at one store from retrieving calls parked at  another store. Also, the new Call Park behaviors reduce the difficulty  of administering the feature, because administrators no longer need to  place park numbers in the CSS of each inbound trunk or gateway.

Finally, this behavior follows the partition order of a CSS  when searching for park numbers, which aligns with the search behaviors  of other Cisco Unified CM features described in the SRND.

Enable Cluster-wide call park

Procedure

Step 1   Select System > Service Parameters
Step 2   Select the desired node as "Server" and service as "Cisco CallManager (active)"
Step 3   Select the Advanced button

The advanced service parameters are displayed in the window

Step 4   Under the Clusterwide Parameters (Feature - General) section, set the Enable Clusterwide CallPark Number/Ranges service parameter to True.
Step 5   Restart all Cisco Unified CM services

I'm just curious as this is a really new option that might have some bearing

on your set up

Cheers!

Rob

"May your heart always be joyful
And may your song always be sung
May you stay forever young " 

- Dylan

Yes, looks like that feature is enabled for our system. In a shotgun approach to troubleshooting I turned on the “Use All Call Park Numbers Once Before Reusing” feature in that same section. As soon as I restared CM Services, call park slots started working peroperly. I was pretty sure it was the service restart that made things better, so I turned it back off and restarted services. Confirmed that everything is now working properly for call park, and no calls are overlapping on park slots.

Great work! Nice to see you got things fixed up

Cheers!

Rob

"May your heart always be joyful
And may your song always be sung
May you stay forever young " 

- Dylan