cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call routing based on time of the day

bkhanal1971
Level 3
Level 3

Is there a way to accomplish the following requirement in Unity Connection or CUCM? Following is my requirement:

Someone calls the extension 5555 during 8 am - 5 pm window, a greeting is played and 2 options are given to the caller.

Option 1: Route the call to 6666. If the call is not picked up, goes to voicemail.

Option 2: Route the call to an external number

If someone calls the same extension 5555 outside of normal business hour, a different greeting is played and 2 options are given:

Option 1: Leave a voicemail. Voicemail should go to the mailbox with the ext. 6666

Option 2: Route the call to the same external number as above.

Thank you.

Khanal

4 Replies 4

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes.  You will need to use Unity Connection System Call Handlers for this.

I don't know what version of CUC you're on, but this should be helpful to you:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsagx/8xcucsag060.html

Thank you for pointing me to the right link. I have successfully implemented the time based call routing using SCH in CUC. Thank you.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, set the two call input options for normal business hours in the 5555 call handler, configure another call handler with the out of business hours options.

On 5555 configure the schedules and set the closed greeting to play nothing, but transfer the call after greeting to the second call handler.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jamie: You made it so simple for me. Thank you.