Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Routing between clusters

Ajay Singh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a customer with 2 different clusters in the network. Currently there is no intercluster link in between. Cluster A has 2 VGs with H.323 running on it. Can i add those same 2 VGs as part of Cluster B as well so that i can directly send the call from VGs of cluster A to Cluster B without routing Via publisher of Cluster A??? Reason behind doing this is that those 2 VGs (in clsuter A) are having TDM PBX behind them and i dont want to route those calls via the publisher. I am planning to have intercluster trunk as well which will carry only IPT calls in between the clsuters.

I believe logically this is possible but never implemented before. Site is very criticial and could not find any doc to justify this, need some help here. If needed i can create a small diagram and attach here.

Thanks in Anticipation,

Ajay

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Yes, you can - since they are H.323 they are independant of any particular CUCM cluster, they don't 'register' to any.

You just need appropriate dial peers on the gateway to send the calls for each cluster to the right cluster. Hopefully you will have a sensible, non-overlapping dial plan to make this straight forward.

You would add the gateways to the configuration of each CUCM cluster, and set up route patterns etc as normal.

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Yes, you can - since they are H.323 they are independant of any particular CUCM cluster, they don't 'register' to any.

You just need appropriate dial peers on the gateway to send the calls for each cluster to the right cluster. Hopefully you will have a sensible, non-overlapping dial plan to make this straight forward.

You would add the gateways to the configuration of each CUCM cluster, and set up route patterns etc as normal.

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!