Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Transfer Problem !

kadd.aziz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I m trying to find solution for the following problem that I have to solve in our work environment :

1- I configured my router as a CME (cisco 2911), I ve 10 ephone-dn dual line (1XXX), and 10 ephones (cisco 6921).

2- Supposes we have a tem composed by 8 Engineers, 1 Project Manager and 1 Receptionist.

3- I want to configure my CME to work like this :

* Engineers + receptionist could call each other (already done).

* When engineers try to call the project manager (dialing 1010 for example), the call should be transfered automatically to the receptionist (1009), the receptionist answers and then transfers or not the call to the Project Manager (This is my problem right now :( )

I Hope I could expain my configuration problem. Please, If u already faced this problem and resolved it, Help me :)

Cordially,

KaddAziz

12 Replies 12

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Transferring ( forwarding ) the call from project manager to receptionist can be configured but that will apply to all calls whether internal or external. It seems that you are looking at a feature IPMA ( IP Manager Assistant ) which is available on CUCM but not CME.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/41984-ipma-routing.html

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

I think you could do this using COR lists. Put the extension for the project manager in a COR list that is not dialable from the engineers extensions. Then add a COR list to the receptionist that can dial all of the numbers.

Hi Kkoeper, 

I actually thought about using COR lists but I couldn't did it ! 

All example that I read, I applied thier configs but no results. 

Please, can u give me a configuration example ?

I m using 1 CME router connected to one siwtch and 3 Cisco IP phones 6921. 

Thanks for your help !

I think that a translation pattern applied to the ephone-dn's that should not be able to dial the manager would be the easiest to configure.

Manager, ephone-dn 20 - can dial all numbers so no translation needed

Standard, ephone-dn 5 - can dial all numbers so no translation needed

The Rest - need to translate called number of 2020 to 1005. try the config below, an example using ephone-dn 1:

!

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 /^2020/ /1005/
!
voice translation-profile STANDARD
translate called 1
!
ephone-dn 1
translation-profile outgoing STANDARD

Hi kkoeper12

I triyed your config example but no news, it dosen't work for me !!! :( 

I want just to specify that even a simple config of adding a "prefix" to an dialling number doesn't work !!! I really don't know why ? May be a license problem ?

Have u any idea why ?

Thanks again. 

Hi Kkoepler12, 

Please, find in attachment our config and please proposes us a working config using the COR List for our scenario : 

1- The "Manager" which has the ephone-dn 20, is permitted to call all the rest of ephone-dns.
2- The "Standard" which has the ephone-dn 5, is permitted to call all ephone-dns including the "Manager" 's DN.
3- The rest DNs do not call directly the "Manager" and any one who call "2020", the call will be transferred to the "Standard" (1005) that she will transfers the call or not to the Manager.

Thanks. 

Thanks Manish for your answer.  I'll try to learn more about IPMA. 

IPMA is the right solution but available in CUCM. For time being, you can use this config.

voice translation-rule 55
 rule 1 /1010/ /1009/

!

voice translation-profile SEND-PM-CALLS-TO-RECEIPTION
 translate called 55

On each ephone-dn, assign the voice translation rule.

ephone-dn  1
 translation-profile outgoing SEND-PM-CALLS-TO-RECEIPTION

Thanks Mohammed for your answer. 

Indeed, I tried this two days to apply your proposed answer but it dosen"t works. I really don t know why ? 

Actually, I'm using a CME router version 7.1 and 3 IP phones. That's it !

Can you gives me a tutorial or a complete configuration example ?

Thanks again.

Please share the full config and I will try to share a working config for this scenario.

Salam Mohammed,

Please find in attachment our proposed simple config on our CME. We want apply the following rules :

1- The "Manager" which has the ephone-dn 20, is permitted to call all the rest of ephone-dns.
2- The "Standard" which has the ephone-dn 5, is permitted to call all ephone-dns including the "Manager" 's DN.
3- The rest DNs do not call directly the "Manager" and any one who call "2020", the call will be transferred to the "Standard" (1005) that she will transfers the call or not to the Manager.

Excuse me, I spoke too much.

Thanks.

Salam mohammed al baqari

Please, when u have time, I shared the the full config as u asked last time.

I want just to specify that even a simple config of adding a "prefix" to an dialling number doesn't work !!! I really don't know why ? May be a license problem ?