Views
Helpful
Replies

Call transfer to outside getting disconnected

Marko Rodic
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a problem with transferring calls outside. This is how topology looks like:

PSTN - SIP - cisco router - SIP - CUCM 11.5

We need to transfer calls thats coming from PSTN, back through PSTN to outside number.

This is what is configured:

Lets say 020345678 is calling number, and they are calling 030123456.

Router is translating 030123456 to 2222, and sending it to CUCM

So, CUCM is receiving 020345678 as calling number and 2222 as called number.

Under translation, we are translating 2222 to 070123456, and sending it back to router. Under route pattering, we are also changing calling number to 2233.

So, router receive back info, that called number is 070123456 and calling number is 2233... And this is the moment when call is being disconnected. Im not sure whether router is finding exit leg dial-peer and attempting the call, or the call is disconnected in the moment when call is back on router

Additional info:

We did some tests and, if we try this with GSM gateway as exit leg from CUCM, same thing happens (we can even hear mobile phone starts ringing, and call is disconnected during first ring...).

If we transfer call to another phone on CUCM, it is transferred without problem.

If we call 2222 from local phone(lets say its 2244 phone), call is connected without problem. CUCM sends 2233 as calling number and 070123456 as called number, router translate 2233 to expected number, and connects the call.

One more thing. Same configuration was working on 8.5. It stopped working after we switched to 11.5.

I was doing some debugging of ccsip, and couldn't find significant error... Maybe I was trying to debug wrong thing, I don't know...

18 Replies 18

Hello Marko

Even I am facing the same problem. Please help me with the detailed steps to resolve this problem.

Ria,

I suggest starting a new post with the specifics of your issue. Not to be snarky, but I'd be willing to bet your problem is different and will need a different solution. We're here to help.

Maren

Hello Ria,

My problem was with DNS, it couldn't resolve domain name.

So we just put two commands

ip domain retry 0

ip domain timeout 1

That was our solution...  

Thanks Marko, as you said the problem was different :) Transcoder was not configured because of which call was disconnecting while transferring to PSTN.