cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

call waiting or busy tone facility in cisco ip phones

Pravin Kondhare
Level 1
Level 1

If I am attending a call from “x” extension no and at the same time extension no “y” tries to connect to my extension, it gives ringing sound to “y”. This gives a feeling to “y” that either I am not in place or I am not attending the call… i am using cisco 7940, 6921, 6901 ip phones. Kindly  help me regarding this. what configuration need to be done...?

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Pravin,

If this is Communications Manager, try setting the Busy Trigger to "1" on the DN Configuration Page for the phone. It sounds like it is set to 2 or more If you are using CME try "Huntstop Channel"

For CME if the DN's are set up as dual-line you need to add the following (huntstop channel command). Have a look;

The following example creates an ephone-dn with the number 103 in dual-line mode. The no huntstop command allows calls to continue to hunt to other ephone-dns if this one is busy or does not answer. The huntstop channel command disables call hunting to the second channel of this ephone-dn if the first channel is busy or does not answer.

Router(config)# ephone-dn 10 dual-line

Router(config-ephone-dn)# number 103

Router(config-ephone-dn)# no huntstop

Router(config-ephone-dn)# huntstop channel

Router(config-ephone-dn)# exit

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for reply.

Busy Trigger value is set to 1 only. please check attachment for your ref.

I am using CUCM (version 7.1.3).

Please help..

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Pravin,

Does this DN/line show up on any other phones as a "Shared LIne" perhaps

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your solution. It works..!  it gives busy tone to other calling party by keeping busy trigger value to 1.

But now problem is on 7940 ip phone it does not shows/display that some one is calling me. just like Mobile Phone call waiting facility. Customer is demanding for this.

Thanks for your help once again.

Pravin Kondhare
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your solution. It works..!  it gives busy tone to other calling party by keeping busy trigger value to 1.

But now problem is on 7940 ip phone it does not shows/display that some one is calling me. just like Mobile Phone call waiting facility. Customer is demanding for this.

Thanks for your help once again.