cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID Presentation when forwarding

dorelp777
Level 1
Level 1

We have recently changed from ISDN to SIP and have noticed a difference and need some help clarifying this.

example:

previously --> Any external number 444000(e.g mobile etc) calls deskphone 555000 which has a forward to their mobile. On their mobile they would see the caller ID as the external person (444000).

Currently --> Any external number 444000(e.g mobile etc) calls deskphone 555000 which has a forward to their mobile. On their mobile they  see the caller ID as their deskphone 555000. as if they are calling themselves. hence the user does not know who the caller actually is.

If you go to Outbound calls section , I noticed that “calling party selection” field has “first redirect Number (external)” option selected. I believe it should be “Originator".

anyone comment on this or make me understand where on how we could fix this?

1 Reply 1

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

First Redirect number in your example is the phone 555000, hence you are seeing accordingly whats configured.

Yes it should be originator if you want to display the original calling number. You can try changing that and test.

But there is one issue with this, Sometimes Telco, specially the SIP providers will not route the call if the calling number does not fall in your DID range or the one trusted at their side and they may reject the call.

The behavior you are seeing is definitely because of the configuration of the calling party selection field on the SIP Trunk, test with setting this to originator if it works.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts.