Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling Number Normalization

hassanalirazi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am facing an issue we have PSTN E1 on which the lock UK number come in as citycode and the number for example it would be 1743XXXX and the international calling number is appearing as 971561XXXX no i am trying to modify the calling number on the outgoing dial-peer but the issue in  the presentation wont allow me to i want the numbers to appear as 900T but the UK numbers are the ones causing an issue.

I am trying to do this modification using translation rule and profiles any one has any plan or rule tempalate to make this work?

Thanks

Hassan                  

3 Replies 3

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, can you please give an example? I am not sure I can follow.

G.

Ankit Pandey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please provide the steps of the requirement. This can be achived by the calling party transformation pattern or translation pattern but need the complete requirement.

cheers,

Ankit

We have an E1 in the UK if you dial from an international number the number appears as (countrycode-areacode-number) for example (97156xxxxxxxx) and if you dial from within UK the calling number appears as (areacode-number) for example (0174xxxxxx).

From the E1 i am forwarding this call to an IP-IP Gateway where the number match an incoming dial-peer with command incoming called-number .

The client wants the number in 900T format so the number mentioned above should appear as 900971T and 90044T. Now the outgoing dial-peer has the translation rule that adds the prefix 900 to all numbers which works fine for international calls but the local call dont appeared in the desired way.

I guess the root of the issue is that since the outgoing dial-peer is the same it will attach 900 to everynumber whereas i want it to prefix 90044 to all UK numbers,

Is there anyway we can overcome this issue? Is there a way we can select a specific outgoing dial-peer on the basis of calling number?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks