cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling number not displaying

kbeaton
Level 1
Level 1

We have two VG320's setup for analog devices, one is set up with MGCP and the other SIP

When I had the engineer set up the MGCP VG I told him we have a device on the network that when we call it's number it will tell us what number we are calling from. Handy for analog devices that my not be labeled or not labeled correctly.
It works as requested!

The SIP VG was setup by a different technician and when dialing the same number returns a completely different number. I actually think it returns a telco account number or something along that line.
I can call the device from any of the configured ports on the SIP device and get the same four digits back on all the ports.

Our Call Manager phones can call the device's number and the extension of the phone is repeated back.

The device is on a DN on our Nortel PBX and there was some discussion about if that was the reason, but I configured a script\application in UCCX and assigned an extension and not different. When calling from the VG configured with SIP it does not return the extension being called from.

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Not even close. The knowledge gap may be more than we can reasonably cover in a thread like this. Trunk is a logical term for the SIP connection between the VG320 and CUCM. As opposed to a line-side connection between an individual IP Phone, ATA, MGCP/SCCP-controlled FXS port, etc.

Use debug ccsip messages on the VG320, place an outbound call, and copy the contents of the SIP INVITE sent. That will show the headers - including which calling party identity header(s) the VG sent to CUCM, e.g. P-Asserted-Identity, Remote-Party-ID, From, etc. Is that what you expect? If yes, then in theory the problem is on CUCM and you should look at the config of that side of the trunk.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What value is sent in the identity headers of the SIP INVITE from the VG320 to whatever it is trunked to? And which header are you using: PAI, RPID, From, etc?

Are there any calling party transformations applied upstream of the SIP VG320? For example, on the SIP trunk in CUCM if that’s what it is trunked to?

I'll try and answer this to the best of my ability. 

What I know is we set up a voice-port and a dial-peer on the SIP VG and a Rout Pattern in Call Manager.
I don't see the word Trunk in the running config.

voice-port 0/0/5
station-id name LabXray
station-id number xxx
caller-id enable
!
dial-peer voice 1005 pots
description SQ Lab/X-Ray Fax
destination-pattern 4545
port 0/0/5

I don't think the above is what you might be asking about...

Sorry, I don't know much about how the back end is set up

Can you direct me to where I can look for the answers to your questions?

kbeaton
Level 1
Level 1

Might this be what you're asking about?

sip-ua
retry invite 2
retry bye 2
retry cancel 2
sip-server ipv4:10.##.##.##

Not even close. The knowledge gap may be more than we can reasonably cover in a thread like this. Trunk is a logical term for the SIP connection between the VG320 and CUCM. As opposed to a line-side connection between an individual IP Phone, ATA, MGCP/SCCP-controlled FXS port, etc.

Use debug ccsip messages on the VG320, place an outbound call, and copy the contents of the SIP INVITE sent. That will show the headers - including which calling party identity header(s) the VG sent to CUCM, e.g. P-Asserted-Identity, Remote-Party-ID, From, etc. Is that what you expect? If yes, then in theory the problem is on CUCM and you should look at the config of that side of the trunk.

Hi Jonathan, I agree that my knowledge comes up short in this area. I do appreciate your suggestions though.
I will work with our contracted support
Thanks for your time!

Kelvin

shakhursubjff
Level 1
Level 1

We have two VG320 devices, one configured with MGCP and the other with SIP. The MGCP setup works flawlessly, displaying the correct calling number when we call a specific device on our network. The SIP VG320 is presenting a perplexing issue – when we dial the same number https://pinterestvideodownloader.io/, it returns a completely different number, seemingly related to a telco account or similar. This occurs consistently across all configured ports on the SIP device, unlike the MGCP setup. Our Cisco Call Manager phones can call the same device's number, and the extension of the calling phone is accurately repeated back.