cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling Number Transformation

Lando.Griffin
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry for another post on transformations, but I can't find my answer anywhere. I'm trying to make it so that when an incoming number hits a phone, the alerting number displayed will be unchanged, but the number in the caller history will be transformed with an "81" at the front, so that users can simply select the call from history and it will dial out successfully.

I didn't want to do this on the Gateway since I didn't want the transformation to affect voicemail logs, etc. So I tried to do it on the Device Pool but I can't get it to work, no matter what I try. I've read all the manuals and done web searches for how to make this happen, but not working. I have my pattern to match setup in a partition, and I have that partition assigned to a CSS which I've assigned in the Device Pool under Call Routing Information-->Incoming Calling Party Settings (and I also have 81 entered as a prefix on this section as well). Tried rebooting devices and gateway, but still not working. Running CUCM 12.0. 

This works fine if I do it on the gateway, though it applies to everything including the alerting number that is displayed- don't even have to assign a CSS, just have to enter 81 in the prefix field and boom, it works. 

1 Reply 1

This should cover what you want to do.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/globalization-and-localization-e-164-configuration-example/ta-p/3162276

You will need to modify it somewhat as it’s describing a setup for E.164 format.

Response Signature