Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager 4.x MGCP compatibility with 2900/3900 ISR G2 routers

beavisthrare1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Is there a way to configure the new ISR G2 routers as an MGCP gateway under CallManager 4.x (specifically 4.2(3))?  There are no options for the 2900 or 3900 models available for selection.  Many thanks in advance for any assistance provided.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there is no way. You need to upgrade.

Either to 6.1(5), 7.1(3) or 8.

The only other option is to use H323, no way using MGCP.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

The MGCP packets are formatted in a special way for each model, most likely they're quite similar for those models.

I'm glad it works, but bear in mind we still need to look at the Cisco support policies so that's not something we can provide support if you run into problems.

In my experience, usually customers don't like the phrase "might work but we won't support you" and with a doc that explains compatibility they always go for the upgrade.

HTH

java

HTH

java

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there is no way. You need to upgrade.

Either to 6.1(5), 7.1(3) or 8.

The only other option is to use H323, no way using MGCP.

HTH

java

HTH

java

That's what I figured.  Thanks for the quick response!

Java,

Do you have a link on the Cisco site that points to the compatibility info you reference?

I need that for something I'm working on right now.

Thank you,

John

John

See table 4

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps259/product_data_sheet0900aecd8057f2e0.pdf

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks Java.

The irony is I had downloaded that doc end of June but forgot it had that info in it.

Thanks.

John

John

Fellow Networkers,

A followup to the original issue.  Just for the sake of trying, I configured an MGCP gateway as a 2851 for the 2921 and it worked flawlessly.  I guess the key is to make sure you use the exact port number for your mods.  Thanks again for the assistance.

Thanks for the documentation, Java.  I will use it to convince the customer they need to upgrade.  Have a great day!

The MGCP packets are formatted in a special way for each model, most likely they're quite similar for those models.

I'm glad it works, but bear in mind we still need to look at the Cisco support policies so that's not something we can provide support if you run into problems.

In my experience, usually customers don't like the phrase "might work but we won't support you" and with a doc that explains compatibility they always go for the upgrade.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: