cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager express 7945 background display?

ReadersUK
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

in the past i have successfully set up background displays for 7970 phones on a callmanager express system. i tried the same with 7945's but have had no luck. I'm not sure  this is even supported, does anyone have exprerience of this?

im using 320x212x16 images, basically the same as i would use on a full callmanager system.

any feed back welcome

colin

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Colin,

Found this on link to UC500  - very similar.

Ensure your List.xml contains:

URL="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x16/Logo.png"/>

Load your List.xml file with your two prepped png image files into the Desktops/320x212x16 folder on your flash card.

ensure your tftp-server has the following:

tftp-server flash:/Desktops/320x212x16/List.xml alias Desktops/320x212x16/List.xml

tftp-server flash:/Desktops/320x212x16/Logo.png alias Desktops/320x212x16/Logo.png

tftp-server flash:/Desktops/320x212x16/TN-Logo.png alias Desktops/320x212x16/TN-Logo.png

run these three (3) commands in conf t mode:

telephony-service

no cre cnf

cre cnf

HTH

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

Hi

Alias basically makes the files accessible under a different name... for example:

tftp-server flash:/ringtones/ring1.raw alias ring1.raw

...would make the ring1.raw in the ringtones folder accessible at tftp://ring1.raw rather than tftp://ringtones/ring1.raw

In the example from the other poster I guess since the alias is the same as the file path it wouldn't have much effect, unless your tftp root path was different to the default or something...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Colin,

Found this on link to UC500  - very similar.

Ensure your List.xml contains:

URL="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x16/Logo.png"/>

Load your List.xml file with your two prepped png image files into the Desktops/320x212x16 folder on your flash card.

ensure your tftp-server has the following:

tftp-server flash:/Desktops/320x212x16/List.xml alias Desktops/320x212x16/List.xml

tftp-server flash:/Desktops/320x212x16/Logo.png alias Desktops/320x212x16/Logo.png

tftp-server flash:/Desktops/320x212x16/TN-Logo.png alias Desktops/320x212x16/TN-Logo.png

run these three (3) commands in conf t mode:

telephony-service

no cre cnf

cre cnf

HTH

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Hi Alex

Thanks for your reply, i have almost all the settings you suggest, however i didnt use the alias command on the tftp-server flash:commands

can you tell me what it's for?

colin

Hi

Alias basically makes the files accessible under a different name... for example:

tftp-server flash:/ringtones/ring1.raw alias ring1.raw

...would make the ring1.raw in the ringtones folder accessible at tftp://ring1.raw rather than tftp://ringtones/ring1.raw

In the example from the other poster I guess since the alias is the same as the file path it wouldn't have much effect, unless your tftp root path was different to the default or something...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

thanks Aaron for the answer

and thanks Alex for yours also, always' appreciated.

colin

Hi Aaron,

Its successfull this configuration.

Thanks.

Hi Isaac

That's good to hear!

Please remember to rate content on the forums to highlight useful information to others..

Aaron