cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can a VG224 using SCCP be its own SRST router?

jeffrey.girard
Level 1
Level 1

My client wants to have the benefits of stcapp for the FXS ports but also wants this device to be able to go into SRST mode without depending upon another routing device.  I have looked all over using Google and here on the support forums.  I see many variations of VG224 / SRST for H323, MGCP, and using a separate SRST router (the SRST router not being the VG224 device).  I have also seen posts using Unified SRST (not an option for this client).

So, my question is - is it even possible?  Can a VG224 fail over to itself for SRST when the ports are controlled using sccp/stcapp?

If the answer is yes, can someone point me to a web link, document, or post a configuration for me?

Thanks

Jeff           

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The SRST feature is not supported on the VG224, it's considered an endpoint.

You forcefully need an ISR to have SRST configured for that, no way around that.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps2169/products_device_support_tables_list.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jeffrey.girard
Level 1
Level 1

If it makes any difference, the VG224 version is 12.4(24)T4

The SRST feature is not supported on the VG224, it's considered an endpoint.

You forcefully need an ISR to have SRST configured for that, no way around that.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps2169/products_device_support_tables_list.html

HTH

java

HTH

java

Jaime-

The link you provided shows the VG224 as a supported device in the 'Cisco Unified IP Phone Support' table. Are you sure about that statement; I know many customers who at least think this is working for them (whether they have actually tested it or not).

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Jaime is correct; VG224 does not support SRST. No matter tables and docs, one  can check by yourself easily.

As you mention, it's supported as a phone/device/endpoint supported to be used with SRST, not a device on which SRST can be configured, otherwise it would be listed under:

Supported Platforms and Memory Specifications

HTH

java

HTH

java