cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can CUCM match incoming calls against names in Personal Directory ?

jonmo2578
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I thought I would pose this question to the support community as I cant seem to find a quick answer from the Cisco documents.

Is it possible for Call Manager to recognise an incoming call to your phone for a number which has been entered into your Personal Directory. So instead of displaying a telephone number, the name field is populated with whatever is set up in your Personal directory.

Initial tests with incoming calls from numbers in the personal directory do not display the name, so Im wondering if this is possible at all and if something needs to be enabled or can be setup to allow this.

The scenario is ... if Mum calls or leaves a voicemail, we can see a recognised contact name pop up on screen rather than a missing call from a number.

We have end users syncronised via LDAP, so obviously we dont want to add Mum onto the corporate directory for the number/name to be recognised !.

We are using.

CUCM 7.1.5

Cisco Unity Connection 8.5

Any advice would be appreciated..

Thanks in advance..

Jon.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Craig Dyer
Level 3
Level 3

Jon,

No sorry CuCM does not use it's directories to add caller name to external calls.

It has been an option on CuCM Express for a long time.

Hope this helps,

Craig

(PLEASE RATE HELPFUL POSTS)

View solution in original post

Hi Jon

Yes, Craig is correct. CUCM cannot do this, and it's somewhat annoying as CUCME can.

The only workaround for this that I've found is a TCL script called modify_name.tcl. This is installed on your voice gateway router (H.323 only) and allows you to define a list of number / name mappings. It works ok, however is very difficult to maintain as all of the configuration is done as application parameters under IOS.

It also breaks calls that are subsequantally routed out of CUCM over a SIP trunk.

Barry

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Craig Dyer
Level 3
Level 3

Jon,

No sorry CuCM does not use it's directories to add caller name to external calls.

It has been an option on CuCM Express for a long time.

Hope this helps,

Craig

(PLEASE RATE HELPFUL POSTS)

Hi Jon

Yes, Craig is correct. CUCM cannot do this, and it's somewhat annoying as CUCME can.

The only workaround for this that I've found is a TCL script called modify_name.tcl. This is installed on your voice gateway router (H.323 only) and allows you to define a list of number / name mappings. It works ok, however is very difficult to maintain as all of the configuration is done as application parameters under IOS.

It also breaks calls that are subsequantally routed out of CUCM over a SIP trunk.

Barry

jonmo2578
Level 1
Level 1

Thats brillant guys.. knew that I would get a quick answer here.. !!..

Regarding scripts used to provide a calling name from database.

The one that I developed (number to name) supports many features like queries via HTTP to Active Directory for seamless integration.

Transferring calls works for all situations.

The script is fully supported "for life".

Available at www.ciscoscripts.com