cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can dial out but cannot dial inbound. Telco moved lines from Ground start to Loop start and back. Router not showing ringing.

Joseph E Spoon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm having an issue where inbound calls just ring and ring and it doesn't show anything ringing the line in the router.  I've tested all the way to the end of the cable that's plugged into the router out and in and it works to a test set. 

The Telco was originally ground start then moved to loop start without us knowing.  We had them switch it back now but still have the same issues.  We've checked the polarity of the cables and have tried several configuration options in the router to get this working with no luck.  Pasted below is our current config as it stands and an output from "show voice port summary".

Thanks in advance...

CURRENT VOICE PORT CONFIG -- AND DIAL PEER

voice-port 0/0/0
 groundstart auto-tip
 signal groundStart
 connection plar 6750
!
voice-port 0/0/1
 groundstart auto-tip
 signal groundStart
 connection plar 6750
 caller-id enable
!
voice-port 0/0/2
 groundstart auto-tip
 signal groundStart
 connection plar 6750
!
voice-port 0/0/3
 groundstart auto-tip
 signal groundStart
 connection plar 6750
 !
 !

!
dial-peer voice 6750 voip
 description AA
 destination-pattern 6750
 session target ipv4:10.101.0.4
 incoming called-number .
 dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

SHOW VOICE PORT SUMMARY -- with a call supposedly ringing on 0/0/0

Ozark2911Voice#sho voice port sum
                                           IN       OUT
PORT            CH   SIG-TYPE   ADMIN OPER STATUS   STATUS   EC
=============== == ============ ===== ==== ======== ======== ==
0/0/0           --  fxo-gs      up    dorm idle     on-hook  y
0/0/1           --  fxo-gs      up    dorm idle     on-hook  y
0/0/2           --  fxo-gs      up    dorm idle     on-hook  y
0/0/3           --  fxo-gs      up    dorm idle     on-hook  y

PWR FAILOVER PORT        PSTN FAILOVER PORT
=================        ==================

7 Replies 7

Hi Joseph,
 use the following debugs for a better understand of your problem:

debug vpm all
undebug vpm dsp
debug voip hpi all 

Regards.

This is what I get when doing that.

Ozark2911Voice#debug vpm all
All Voice Port Module debugging is enabled
Note: DSP message debugging is not part of this command.
Use debug vpm dsp to enable it
Ozark2911Voice#unde
Ozark2911Voice#undebug vpm dsp
Voice Port Module DSP message debugging is disabled
Ozark2911Voice#debu
Ozark2911Voice#debug voip hpi all
voip hpi all debugging is ON

Ozark2911Voice#
*Jun 25 00:54:51.722: htsp_process_event: [0/0/0, FXOGS_ONHOOK, E_DSP_SIG_0110]
*Jun 25 00:54:51.722: fxogs_line_reversal_clid_wait. On_hook line reversal detected possibily due to crossed cable
*Jun 25 00:55:30.326: htsp_process_event: [0/0/1, FXOGS_ONHOOK, E_DSP_SIG_0110]
*Jun 25 00:55:30.326: fxogs_line_reversal_clid_wait. On_hook line reversal detected possibily due to crossed cable

Called two separate lines.  Could I do battery-reversal to fix this?  I tried but nothing so far.

Ok.

If my understanding is correct ... you had a working configuration before, but you are having problems since the Telco changes the Ground Start to Loop Start, am I correct?

1) If I am correct ...

Double check if the Telco changes anything else (beyond the Ground Start to Loop Start)?

2) If I'm not correct ...

What happen if you call a line and answer the phone (even though the phone isn't ringing)? The calls complete?

What is your GW and software version?

Please, also use the following command: show voice dsp.

Note: the 'reversal detected possibily due to crossed cable' is an indication of a problem, but you said that your issue is only with inbound and not outbound, am I correct?

Important: check the following: CSCee78505 and CSCef90148.

Regards

1. We were originally Ground Start.  They changed it to Loop Start without us knowing.  We opened a ticket and they changed it back to Ground Start. It is Ground Start now from what I'm told from the telco..

2. Behind this router is a phone system.  The inbound connection plar extension points to the call manager for call processing.  I have not tested hooking up a phone to an FXS for instance and testing calls to it through the FXO port, so I'm not sure.

SOFTWARE VERSION AND ROUTER MODEL

2911 Router with C2900-UNIVERSALK9-M -- flash0:c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.152-4.M2.bin

OUTPUT OF SHOW VOICE DSP

DSP  DSP                DSPWARE CURR  BOOT                         PAK     TX/RX
TYPE NUM CH CODEC       VERSION STATE STATE   RST AI VOICEPORT TS ABORT  PACK CO
UNT
==== === == ======== ========== ===== ======= === == ========= == ===== ========
====

----------------------------FLEX VOICE CARD 0 -----------------------
-------
                           *DSP VOICE CHANNELS*

CURR STATE : (busy)inuse (b-out)busy out (bpend)busyout pending
LEGEND     : (bad)bad    (shut)shutdown  (dpend)download pending

DSP    DSP                 DSPWARE CURR  BOOT                         PAK   TX/R
X
TYPE   NUM CH CODEC        VERSION STATE STATE   RST AI VOICEPORT TS ABRT PACK C
OUNT
====== === == ========= ========== ===== ======= === == ========= == ==== ======
======
                           *DSP SIGNALING CHANNELS*
DSP    DSP                 DSPWARE CURR  BOOT                         PAK   TX/R
X
TYPE   NUM CH CODEC        VERSION STATE STATE   RST AI VOICEPORT TS ABRT PACK C
OUNT
====== === == ========= ========== ===== ======= === == ========= == ==== ======
======
SP2600 001 01 {flex}        32.1.1 alloc idle      0  0 0/0/0     02    0
 308/0
SP2600 001 02 {flex}        32.1.1 alloc idle      0  0 0/0/1     06    0
  39/0
SP2600 001 03 {flex}        32.1.1 alloc idle      0  0 0/0/2     10    0
  38/0
SP2600 001 04 {flex}        32.1.1 alloc idle      0  0 0/0/3     14    0
  37/0
------------------------END OF FLEX VOICE CARD 0 ----------------------------

To update as well.  I've tried toggling battery reversal with no luck.  Still not showing a call ringing into the line.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Joseph,

This seems to me that the TELCO has NOT set your lines back to ground start.

Try changing one of the voice port to loopstart and restest that line with an incoming call

!
voice-port 0/0/0
signal loopstart
connection plar 6750
!

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

I tested this and got the same errors on all lines.  We are going to try flipping the pairs again to see what this does.

Ok.

In my own words, ...

You have a 2911, software version 15.2.4M2 of 08/Nov/2012, the latest software is 15.2.4M8 of 10/Apr/2015. Check the link: 2911 Software.

Your DSP Version is 32.1.1.

The same configuration worked in the past ... but Telco changes its configuration (from Ground Start to Loop Start) ... after that, even when it changed back to Ground Start, the configuration stopped working.

The only message is:
'On_hook line reversal detected possibily due to crossed cable'

The sympton is:
'An external caller (X) calls you (Y) ... 'X' start to listen to a ring, but the 'Y''s Phone is in silence, even if you answer the call, it looks like that no one is calling.

If everything above is correct, then it looks like that the Telco changed something else ... please double check.

Note: try to update the software, just to check if anything different happen.

Hope this helps.