cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can not see Sub in router

eigrpy
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Pub and Sub are installed and the router can ping both of them. The router can only see the Pub, not Sub when show ccm-manager in the router. What is wrong? Thank you!

8 Replies 8

Chakshu Piplani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

is the command :

ccm-manager redundant-host x.x.x.x

Where x.x.x.x is you cucm ip address

present in your config ?

Regards,

Chakshu Piplani

-Rate helpful posts-

Thank you for your reply. Right. After adding the command, the router can see Sub. but the Primary and First Backup are exchanging between the Pub and Sub every short while. Is it possible or necessary to fix one role on one Pub or Sub? 

Hi,

please, in CUCM Administration > Device > Gateway > <your GW>, check the CUCM Group that is configured.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your reply. I could not find "CUCM Group" I attached that page. Do you think I reached the right page? Thank you

You are on the right page. Look Cisco Unified Communications Manager Group and check what is set there. After this, go to System >> Cisco Unified CM Group and find the CM group that you are using for MGCP gateway and remove either the Pub or Sub from Selected Cisco Unified Communications Managers.

Ideally doing this should be avoided on the existing CM group as it may be used by other devices as well. Hence, you should create a new Cisco Unified Communications Manager Group and then put the respective Pub or Sub in the Selected Cisco Unified Communications Managers as per your requirement and apply the same on your MGCP gateway then followed by the reset

Regards

Deepak

Thanks for your reply. In System >> Cisco Unified CM Group, there is only "default", which could not be deleted. Then I tried to create a new CUCM group, but I failed to do as I got message: "There are no associated devices to restart" Is the devices the one which are in the devices pool? I created and assigned device pool

I doubt that the Sub does not work because the phones come into Not Registered status when the Pub shut down.

The message which are you getting there is because of the reason you have not assigned this CM group to any device yet. Once you will assign it to any Device Pool the message will not be there. Regarding phones not registering to Subscriber when Pub us down, can you check if Call Manager service us activated on the Subscriber server or not.

Regards

Deepak

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This exact issue was addressed in the following post a few days ago

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12733936/router-can-see-pub-not-sub-when-show-ccm-manager

Manish