Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Can't configure alternative ringtones for SIP lines on IP Phone 7962

Dear all,

I've managed to get the ringlist.xml working for the default tone menu/entry (sorry if the name doesn't fit exactly since I'm using the German locale) via TFTP server.

However if I try to select one of my two configured SIP lines and want to select another ring tone here the phone says that ringlist is not available.

Any idea what I can do?
Do I need to create further ringlist.xml files for each individual SIP line (and if so how should I  name them?)?

Thanks for your hints.

Cheers

Blacky42

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Ringlist.xml is for the phone as a whole. If you are trying to change the ring tones on a per line basis, then DistinctiveRinglist.xml is the file that needs to be tweaked.

Nipun Singh Raghav
"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Ringlist.xml is for the phone as a whole. If you are trying to change the ring tones on a per line basis, then DistinctiveRinglist.xml is the file that needs to be tweaked.

Nipun Singh Raghav
"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them"

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Brilliant hint - thanks a lot!
I've just copied my ringlist.xml and renamed it to distinctiveringlist.xml (all in small letters). Now it's working well.