Views
Helpful
Replies

cascade one ip phone from another

Wonxie
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i have to cascade 6 phones at one remote location. though i can place a switch or extend cables but i was wondering if its possible to have them cascaded from one anther. 

suppose below

[SW]---------[IP phone 1] ------- [IP phone 2]

the phones gets its ip on vlan 102.

I believe below  should work but its not working. 

sw mode trunk

sw trunk allowed vl all

sw trunk native vlan 102

using above only phone 2 gets the ip from the pool but and works. but phone 1 won't register using dhcp settings set to yes on cisco 6941.

Its also not working if i manually set the ip/subnet/gateway/dns/tftp/ on phone 1 . I have tried the Admin vlan set to 102 and also tested admin vlan set to 4095.

I believe setting native vlan should put all phones to vl102 but somehone the phone directly connected to switch port is not doing so whether the ip is set to manual or auto.

Am i missing something.?

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I do not believe that works, that is not intended to designed as market needs

But a small hub (as you mentioned) for few quid's to fix the issue, rather inventing the wheel.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, it will not work.  

Option is to pull more cables or put a switch as near as possible to the phones.  

Not work as I know.

Wonxie
Level 1
Level 1

I have separate power brick for the phones to power them up. only concerned with providing required lan connectivity .

As i mentioned short answer NO - if you able to get all extra power source and all why not get another small few Quid's Hub/switch to fix the issue.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help