Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 5.1 remote management via simple phone tones

D_Lebedev
Level 3
Level 3

Good day.

I would like to know,is it possible to manage main Call Manager options through simple phone tones,like at Nortel or Siemens stations?

Like you're calling CCM and send some digits tones for hangup some DN or restart station at all?

I know it is possible with another stations like Nortel and etc. And what about CCM?

Any Ideas?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

There is no such functionality out-of-the-box. The only admin-via-phone I'm aware of is TAPS, but that's only for initial provisioning, and you do all the prep work via the normal interfaces.

Theoretically it would be possible to put together some routines that would take instruction via the phone, and then perform what you want via AXL. For example, you could use UCCX to collect information (an extension number, perhaps) and then the UCCX script could launch a utility that triggers the change to that DN via AXL (a reset, for example). It wouldn't be 'easy' unless you've experience of general development, AXL, and UCCX, and would have lots of limitations. It really depends on what you need, and if you really need it :-)

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

There is no such functionality out-of-the-box. The only admin-via-phone I'm aware of is TAPS, but that's only for initial provisioning, and you do all the prep work via the normal interfaces.

Theoretically it would be possible to put together some routines that would take instruction via the phone, and then perform what you want via AXL. For example, you could use UCCX to collect information (an extension number, perhaps) and then the UCCX script could launch a utility that triggers the change to that DN via AXL (a reset, for example). It wouldn't be 'easy' unless you've experience of general development, AXL, and UCCX, and would have lots of limitations. It really depends on what you need, and if you really need it :-)

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks a lot Aaron.

I know it will not be so easy to make it works through UCCX,and to say the truth i'm sad a little about it :-(

So,how easy it was at Nortel to reset hanged PRI with just one call from home...

Anyway,thanks again for so fast response and  useful explaination.