cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME Extension Mobility logging question

Mateusz Paczek
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I have successfully configured Extension Mobility on my CME box, but I noticed that while logging in or out phone automatically doesn't exit from Extension Mobilty screen (I need to press Exit,Exit,Exit in order to see main screen on the phone). Is it connected with software on the phone or what? I have installed phone load supported by my CME.

And second question - while pressing Services button I can see "Extension Mobility" and "My Phone Apps". Is it possible somehow to rename 'Extension Mobilty" to sth else? I know that in CUCM its easy but cannot find this option for CME and don't know it its feasible.

Thanks for any answers.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Mateusz,

This lloks like WAD on these SCCP phones on 7.x and higher versions. Please check the following bug

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCsx66104/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir

I have seen some posts which suggest that downgrading the phone firmware to an 8.5.x release fixes it but i would advise against downgrading the firmware as it hepls in resolving one bug but introduces many other. You may want to check with TAC for more details.

Manish

- Do rate useful posts -

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mateusz,

Which CME version and phone models are being used? While logging out i do see this behavior but want to check if you are required to press 'Exit' thrice even when logging in.

As far as renaming EM is concerned i do not see a way to do it natively on CME, although such changes are possible via XML scripts.

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish.

I am using CME 10.5 and 7941 phones (SCCP41.9-2-1SR2S.loads).
I need to press Exit button tripple times while both logging  in and logging out.

Hi Mateusz,

This lloks like WAD on these SCCP phones on 7.x and higher versions. Please check the following bug

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCsx66104/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir

I have seen some posts which suggest that downgrading the phone firmware to an 8.5.x release fixes it but i would advise against downgrading the firmware as it hepls in resolving one bug but introduces many other. You may want to check with TAC for more details.

Manish

- Do rate useful posts -

Thanks for your answer Manish. I will create TAC ticket then.

Is this issue resolved we are still facing it in CUCME 12?