Views
Helpful
Replies

ccme + sip provider

kern.jerome
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I tried to connect my ccme 4.0 with a sip provider. I managed to configure it for outgoing calls, but I'm unable to get incoming calls...

Can sombody show me how it works ?

Thanks

19 Replies 19

Hi Kern,

You can indeed register pots dial-peers but I don't think that is what you want.

To "register" an hunt group, just create an ephone-dn with number assigned by the ITSP, either primary or secondary, and registering. Then in this ephone-dn, configure Call Forward All to the actual pilot number of the hunt group you want to use.

The problem is that I have to put my sip login instead of the e164 number to make it work (my sip provider told me that):

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

number 200 secondary login_sip no-reg primary

I don't know how it works if I had multible sda (e164 numbers) with the same login...

Well, it should work.

The number in ephone-dn must be a number and not an username, because it's what CME will try to register, and it's not possible to register an username.

In many cases, ITSP assigns the username to be the same as number, but not always.

The thing is that under sip-ua you can configure "credentials username/password/realm", so you can register as many numbers you want using the same set of credentials.

Here you can see the sip-ua section and my ephone-dn configured with the login and the e 164number. I also pasted the sh sip-ue register status associated

Do you think that the problem is coming from my provider?

sip-ua

authentication username "sip_login" password ****

registrar ipv4:registrar_ip_address expires 60

sip-server ipv4:registrar_ip_address

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

number 200 secondary "sip_login" no-reg primary

label 200

description 200

Router#sh sip-ua register status

Line peer expires(sec) registered

============ ============= ============ ===========

"sip_login" 20008 45 yes

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

number 200 secondary "e164_number" no-reg primary

label 200

description 200

Router#sh sip-ua register status

Line peer expires(sec) registered

============ ============= ============ ===========

"e164_number" 20008 110 no

Hi,

What can I say, this ITSP does things differently.

If I understand correctly, he wants you to register the username only, and I suppose that they will present calls to all your numbers to the system where you registered from.

To the CME, that does do not make much a difference, as long the SIP username contains only digits/abcd to be used as number in ephone-dn.

Configure an ephone-dn, single-line, primary number, registering as the username assigned. The only purpose of this will be triggering registration. Or, just do a you did an reause an existing ephone-dn as secondary number.

Configure all the others ephone-dn with the secondary numbers that you got, and no-reg both.

Ephone-hunt also supports secondary number and should work as well.