cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX DN unreachable

SteveK066
Level 1
Level 1

Yesterday got a report an option of a CCX app wasn't working. The DN the script referenced was busy if called directly, If I assigned the script of the defective DN to a spare CCX Application DN, that DN would work. For the time being we changed the script so the option would route to the spare DN with the needed script.

We then saw the DN was Unregistered when looking at it in CTI Route Points in CUCM. We deleted/re-added the DN, it still showed unregistered. I thought I'd check about a half an hour later - and saw it was registered. And, I was able to call the DN and it routed to the CCX script as it should. The difference was, it's IP address was different than all of the other CCX DNs, the rest were all had the same IP address. But, when we re-added the unregistered DN it registered to the same IP as everything else.

My question is - I wonder what could cause a DN (just one) to become unregistered, and is there any way to get an unregistered DN registered without having to restart various services in CUCM?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Steve,

For different IP Address you mean other than UCCX?

If yes I would check if the DN you assigned is a shared DN in "Call Routing --> Route Plan Report"

Also... In Uccx go to "Subsystem --> Cisco Unified CM Telephony " and select "Data Synchronization" an click on "Data Check" and see it all is good there.

Please let me know

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi Steve,

For different IP Address you mean other than UCCX?

If yes I would check if the DN you assigned is a shared DN in "Call Routing --> Route Plan Report"

Also... In Uccx go to "Subsystem --> Cisco Unified CM Telephony " and select "Data Synchronization" an click on "Data Check" and see it all is good there.

Please let me know

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Hello Carlo,

Looking at the DN in Route Plan reports it appears to be like other CCX DNs. I didn't see anything indicating 'shared'. 
I'm not sure if the DN's IP address is other than CCX - but the IP address it's registered with is the same as all of the others. As of now it's still working, meaning routing to the script as it should. I took a look at the Data Synchronization screen - I think I'd choose 'Triggers'? If I see trouble again I'll see what that shows.

Thanks for the information. 

Hi Steve,

It’s good idea to select all options on data synchronization ckeck.

Also on Ccx Serviceability menu (Top right corner)  Network Services, check that everything is in “IN SERVICE “ state

Thanks a lot for your vote 

Regards

Carlo

Hi Carlo,

You're welcome and thanks for the tip.

And yep - in CCX Serviceability - Network Services is where we noted the trouble yesterday. A couple of services say  -
PARTIAL SERVICE. Even though this particluar DN (as well as all others I believe) are registered, those services need to be restarted to get them IN SERVICE. I've heard even if everything is IN SERVICE, it's  good policy to Stop/Start them after a certain amount of time. Not sure if it's weeks or months, but kind of like doing a routine restart (back in my day!) on a PBX system every so often.

Thanks again and have a good weekend.

Steve