Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CER setup for 912 standby CTI RP

Hi All,

Have an issue that just came up with CER.  We set it up two months ago and then decided to change our outside line dialing prefix last week from 9, to 7, because of misdialed 911 calls.  In the past when a user misdials it is because they dialed the 1 again instead of the area code.  NOW, they are forgetting to use the new dialing prefix and hitting 9, 1, then 2 for a common area code in the state.  It is tagging these calls as E911 calls and the user hears ringing.  From my call flow settings, these calls should not be hitting the gateway so do not know if they are actually making it to the PSAP.  I'm planning on testing with the PSAP again but was told from TAC that the phone css should not include the 911_PT.  Does anyone have any ideas how to test this out internally without having to contact the PSAP again?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

TAC is mostly right. The CER deployment guide, the last time I looked, had the 911_PT accessible by the phones include only the 911 and 9.911 translation patterns getting calls to the CTIRP (or in your case 911 and 7.911). All internal components of the CER routing structure including the two CTIRP, the CTI Ports for notification calls, and the egress route patterns for sending calls out gateways are supposed to be in an isolated PT such as CER911_PT which is only accessible by the CER routing components.

As for testing, what you can do is build a testing ERL which is matched when a specific phone dials 911. Have the call egress out of CER to a Route Pattern that forwards to your cell phone.

Maren

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

TAC is mostly right. The CER deployment guide, the last time I looked, had the 911_PT accessible by the phones include only the 911 and 9.911 translation patterns getting calls to the CTIRP (or in your case 911 and 7.911). All internal components of the CER routing structure including the two CTIRP, the CTI Ports for notification calls, and the egress route patterns for sending calls out gateways are supposed to be in an isolated PT such as CER911_PT which is only accessible by the CER routing components.

As for testing, what you can do is build a testing ERL which is matched when a specific phone dials 911. Have the call egress out of CER to a Route Pattern that forwards to your cell phone.

Maren

Hi Maren

Thank you for taking the time to explain.  After reading the deployment guide last night I see what you and TAC are referring to.  Modified the phone css as explained and all is well-