Views
Helpful
Replies

CfwAll with multiple lines on the same phone

robmas0871
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i'd like to talk again on the issue of activating CfwAll feature on a phone that has multiple lines: i mean that i need to select the line first, and then the CfwAll number even if the line is not the first.

I've read many discussions about this topic but never found a clear solution (also read about third party software) but my question is:

is possible or not to activate CfwAll feature on a DN the is not the default ? (the first one on the phone). If i have a DN on the second line of a 7962...can i enable CfwAll on this line ?

Thank you in advance.

Roberto

5 Replies 5

Hello,

I am really not sure if it can be done from the device (physical hardware) but i had done it before and it working fine.

I tell my customers to enable the end user group for every end user in the cluster, in this case the end user will have access to the web page http://X.X.X.X/ccmuser

In this case he can access from the user options -> device then click on the line settings, from there he can choose the line and then do the call forward to the number that he want.

Check the attached..

Hope this helps.

Amer

Thank you Amer, i wanted to try this but my users are not so smart to log-on and change the setting form web page. I was looking to do this from the device: when i select the second line, the CfwAll softkey is present but not working if i press it.

Roberto

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Roberto,

Currently Cfwdall is only supported for Line 1 on the phone as you have discovered. The only method available to Cfwdall Line 2 to 6 is to do it from ccmadmin or the ccmuser web access page as Amer nicely suggested. This restriction is applicable to all CCM Versions from 3.x to 8.x as far as I know.

But........

There is a third party product that will do what you want

IPPhone callForwarder

This new version brings to the user the ability of defining and setting the call forwards from the IP Phone. When selecting the IP Phone callForwarder service, a menu with all available lines will appear. After selecting the line the user wishes to set the forward on, a new menu containing the forward definitions will show on screen. Only those forwarding parameters definied by the Administrator will be displayed. These parameters will show the actual forward destination. The user can then set any of these callForwards.

From this good link;

http://www.myvoipsource.org/open-source-tools/ip-phone-callforwarder/

There is a feature/bug request open for this problem CSCdr03425. This bug is still outstanding

Cheers!

Rob

Just informational, you can Call Forward Call non primary lines on 89xx and 99xx phones.

Thank you Rob and Joemar: i will use third party software bacause my phones are 7975 and 7962.

Roberto