Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

change the speed negotiation on a IP phone remotely

So, is that possible? or you have to do it manually over the phone?

Thanks imn advance

Cesar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Cesar,

Hmmm, I know a new program that will allow you to script and schedule "button push" macros for a group of phones based on phone type, device pool, partition, location and/or cluster (CCM/UCM Publisher).  Basically, what you would physically have to do on the phone to change the phone switch port speed, you could do from remote.

It's in alpha testing now and I've seen it work to change the background on color 79xx phones but you could script anything you would like in order to execute a certain action on your IP phones.

Would this be something you would be willing to look at?

Chris

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Lee
Level 1
Level 1

Are you trying to do this on one phone or a bunch of phones?  What models?

Actually there is an udetermined number og phones, i just has been asked

about the possibilitoy of doing this, but we manage around 3000 phones.

we have several models, 7911, 7912, 7941, 7070, 7975

thanks in advance

Cesar

You can telnet to the switch and change the speed and duplex.

Phones are usually set to auto negotiate

I just tried this in the lab

HTH

/divin

PS: Rate only useful posts!

Cesar,

Hmmm, I know a new program that will allow you to script and schedule "button push" macros for a group of phones based on phone type, device pool, partition, location and/or cluster (CCM/UCM Publisher).  Basically, what you would physically have to do on the phone to change the phone switch port speed, you could do from remote.

It's in alpha testing now and I've seen it work to change the background on color 79xx phones but you could script anything you would like in order to execute a certain action on your IP phones.

Would this be something you would be willing to look at?

Chris

Hi, first at all, thanks for your time,

I think i will get the short anwser wich is "not" , because i dont really know why i have been asked about that, just the customer ask me about the possibility of doing that.

Thanks a lot!!!

Cesar