Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing Outbound Caller ID for a Group of Phones

kgroves42
Level 3
Level 3

Hello, 

We are having issues trying figure out the best way to send Caller ID out to the PSTN from a group of phones. We have about 25 sites or so and one of those sites is setup to use Standard Local Route Groups for outbound calls which points to a local PRI. They all have External Phone Number mask setup with their DID and that is working fine on Outbound Calls. However they want to change that. They have about 4 Groups at that site that want to start using the Main Number of the Group for the Caller ID and not their individual DID. Also their extensions are all over the place and not consecutive based on groups, however each group is in its own Device Pool. 

So here some options that I have thought to address this. 

I can change all the external number masks to the group DID instead of the individual DID. This is not ideal as the customer would like to see the DID on the phone screen. 

Or I could setup New Partitions, CSS, Route Patterns for Each group and manipulate the Caller ID that way, but that seems to defeat the purpose of the Standard Local Route Group. 

There also seems to be an option "Calling Party Transformation CSS" that is under the Device Pool in the section Caller ID For Calls From This Phone. However when I change that it seems to affect all calls whether internal or external to the main number for the group. I do not want to change internal calls just outbound to the PSTN, 

Any Ideas about the best way to implement this? Thanks for your input. 

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Option 1 is obviously the simplest, but if they need the number displayed on the phones, calling party transformation is the way to go. Simply for each of the DID calling party create a calling party transformation pattern and apply the CSS referencing the transformation partition on the egress trunk/GW.