cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing Registered Users on Cisco Phones

dlockwald1
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a problem that when I change the users on a phone without deleting it in call manager that the user that was previously on the phone is still registered to that phone somehow. So when the old user goes into the self help portal the old phone is still there, it is also causing problems with Jabber. I have removed all instance of the old owner and removed the line but the actual phone seems to be retaining the old user that was associated with it. 

I'm using call manager 10.5. 

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The self help web portal has nothing to do with the user assignment on the phone, it is controlled by the device association on the end user pages. Make sure you remove the device from the old user and associate to the new, if you do not unassociated then both users have access to the same device.

Chris

I guess I didn't explain my problem well. I did that and the phones are staying registered to the old user. The only place I can find that shows the phone is still registered to the users is when you bring up the self help portal. I know they aren't related but the phone shows there. Anywhere else I check the phone is set to the new user. I have also tried setting the phone to anonymous user then assigning to the new user and that isn't working either.

So, under end user pages for the old user what devices show as "associated"?

Just the new phone.