Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing the dial plan

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Everyone

I wanted to know is there any documentation that can help me redo our dial plan for my current job.

Right now have 5 digit extension and they want ot go to 4 for internal and 6 if you have to go outside

the office.We just purchased a company and they have there dial plan set that way and we like that

better. We want to be able to dial 4 digits for inside and 6 for outside to other offices.and the 6 will be

the first 2 are the office code and the last 4 are the user's extension.And we want to if you dial 4 or6

internally you still get the end user.So if anyone has done this before or can point me in the right direction

to get started I would greatly appreciate it.Thanks in advance for all the help and I look forward to your

answers.                  

3 Replies 3

Hi, just wanted to confirm that all companies and all offices are registered to one CUCM in your office. Is it right?

"If you find this post useful, please rate"

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Yes there are all registered to the same CM

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your best bet you be to review the dial plan section of the SRND as there are many ways to design and deploy dial plan so you will not find step by step instructions on how to change it.

You need to re-evaluate the existing dial plans on both sides and come up with one new dial plan that will work and not introduce overlaps, etc.

Design it and then start configuring it, change DNs if you have to, Translation Patterns, etc, etc.

Chris