Views
Helpful
Replies

Check my CME system materials...

dmurray14
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

Somewhat new to CME. Spec'ing out a small system for 20 phones running off a 2911. I want the 2911 to handle all of the calls, voicemails, basic AA, and do basic IOS firewall for the facility. Phones will be 7942's, and I'm planning on using a SIP provider in lieu of a PRI. So, how does this look....am I forgetting anything?

(1)   C2911-CME-SRST/K9   Cisco 2911   ISR Router CME Bundle

(1)   ISM-SRE-300-K9=   Cisco   Services Ready Engine 300 ISM Processor

(4)   FL-CUE-MBX-5   Cisco CUE Mailbox License, 5   Count

(1)   L-SL-29-SEC-K9= Cisco   IOS Security License, 1 Router

(20)   CP-7942G-CCME   Cisco 7942G IP Phone

(1)   WS-C2960-48PST-L   Cisco   Catalyst 2960 48 Port PoE Switch 

Thanks,

Dan

3 Replies 3

Hello,

This is correct just three things:

Are you planning to use the unity express for AA or the basicAA.tcl ? if unity express just add the ports license

For the ip phones , don't forget to add the license (not just the physical ip phone)

And for the PSTN termination , is it PRI or SIP IP ?? because if it is PRI , you need a VWIC-1MFT-1T1/E1 with PVDM's , if it is IP then there is no need , the IOS MTP will do the JOB  .

Other than that it is all fine.

Amer

Thanks Amer!

I think I will be OK with the basic AA, so do I not need any port licenses then? Hopefully that is the case.

My IP phone part number, CP-7942G-CCME includes a CME license so I think I am OK there, right?

I am going to be using a SIP provider for voice but I think I may add a VIC2-2FXO for PSTN failover and 911.

Everything sound good?

Thanks!

Dan

Hello,

Everything looks good , just check one thing which is the PVDM's , since you are planning to use FXO , as i am sure that you probably know this that it requires DSP resources , as i remember that the 2911 comes with 16 PVDM's by default so this should be enough for the FXO and in case you wanna use them for media resources.

Amer