Views
Helpful
Replies

Choppy Voice when call using Xcoder

eng.sultan.b
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have one remote site having an issue when the call use transcoder, the voice become choppy.

We have multiple remote sites having same VG + ios and working fine. (so I don't think there is a bug)

Already opened a TAC case but they didn't help till now :(

Any idea about the cause of the problem?

Thanks in advance :)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the same phones work fine when using other codecs or using an MTP then the issue is most likely at the gateway which is hosting the IOS transcoder. Has the TAC engineer taken any PCM captures to analyze if the voice quality is actually coming out bad from the DSPs?

Manish

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Mohammad Setan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sultan,

Can you post the "show run-config" and identify the SSID that the clients are using for VoWLAN?

Also do you have these AP's connected as Flexconnect on the remote site, or do you have WLC there and the AP's are working as local?

Also it is important to understand if the issue happened for all clients, all areas, roaming or stationary clients .. it will be great if you provide all these details.

Kind Regards

Mohammad Setan

Hi Mohammed.

Thanks for your reply but I think you didn't get my issue correctly, mabye because my bad english :)

However, the users face this issue while using the regular IP phones, there are no wireless system.

We have a centralized cucm with multiple remote area connected to cucm through the WAN and each site have Voice gateway and its own SIP circuit.

CUCM version: 10.5.2.10000-5
VG: ISR4351/K9 - IOS: 15.4(3)S2

Thanks and Regards,

Hi,

We need to make sure that your users are utilizing resources from local dsp gateway and not crossing WAN for xocding

Can you share the following output of show sccp conn and show call active voice br during choppy call.

Please indicate calling and called numbers

Hi Mohammed,

Yes the are vg local dsp, please find attached your request.

Thanks and waiting for your feedback :)

Do you have called and calling parties separated by WAN? What kind of WAN are you using?

Is it working find without DSP? Assuming your change the codec to match and complete the call.

If I matched the codec the call will working without any issue, even if the call used MTP we will not facing any issue.

Also this is an external call not internal call. so the call will go through sip trunk

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the same phones work fine when using other codecs or using an MTP then the issue is most likely at the gateway which is hosting the IOS transcoder. Has the TAC engineer taken any PCM captures to analyze if the voice quality is actually coming out bad from the DSPs?

Manish

Hi Manish,

TAC engineer asked me to collect a packet capture from the interfaces connected to internal network and ITSP.
He gave me the procedure to do this task but the commands were invalid so I'm waiting now for his reply.

Thanks for your support :)

eng.sultan.b
Level 1
Level 1

The issue was faulty pvdm.

working fine after replacing it :)

thanks everyone for your support.