Views
Helpful
Replies

CIPC 8.6.6 support for Windows 10 & CUCM 12.5 Question

2006nicolas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks

I understand this question is kind of bizarre taking into account that almost everybody has moved towards Jabber. However, for my customer it will take some time yet to have jabber as a softphone ready in its environment which leads me to validate a few questions.

Release Notes for CIPC 8.6.6

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cipc/8_6_6/Release_Notes.html#CIPC_RF_P0E81FDA_00

Jabber and CUCM 12.5

In the release notes, under the section showing the CUCM versions supported, CUCM 11.5.1 is the latest one. On the other hand,  I have noticed that CIPC has not been deprecated on CUCM 12.5. So, can anybody from Cisco validate that CIPC isl not supported on CUCM 12.5?

Windows 10 Support

Under Platform requirements, this is what is written in the release notes

• Cisco IP Communicator does not support Windows Vista or Windows 7 Fast User Switching.
  • Cisco IP Communicator is not supported in VMWare, Citrix, Terminal Services, Remote Desktop, or other thin client environments.
  • Cisco IP Communicator is supported only Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10. Cisco IP Communicator supports x86-based processors running a 32-bit OS; 64-bit OSs are supported on Windows 7 (WoW64) and Windows 8. This integration runs as a 32-bit application in 64-bit versions of Windows 7 and Windows 8. All other supported operating systems are 32-bit only.

From the above bullet points, can we understand that the 64-bit version of Windows 10 is supported?

If anybody from Cisco can chime in and clarify the situation, that would be great!!

5 Replies 5

CIPC is supported on 12.5. CIPC is an EOL announced product.  The below screenshots are from my lab.

1.PNG2.PNG

3.png

Response Signature

Hi,

It is supported on windows 10 32-bits and windows 10 64-bits without
credential guard. Windows 10 64-bits runs WoW64 but if it has credential
guard on, CIPC will break.

**** please remember to rate useful posts

2006nicolas
Level 1
Level 1

Thx for the reply Mohammed and Nithin

Here what the release notes for the CIPC says about the versions of CUCM that supports it. In the screenshot we don't see CUCM 12.5 even though everybody who has a LAB or access to a CUCM 12.5 system can see CIPC is still an option. My point is that the official release notes doesn't list CUCM 12.5 as a supported version

CIPC 8.6.6  Supported version per release notes.jpg

As for the Windows 10 support, the way it is explained mix things up a little bit. Why not stop just say Windows 10 is supported in 32-bit and 64-bit except if .....

instead the documentation says "64-bit OSs are supported on Windows 7 (WoW64) and Windows 8. This integration runs as a 32-bit application in 64-bit versions of Windows 7 and Windows 8." or  "All other supported operating systems are 32-bit only."

CIPC client requirements.jpg

I think that I will have to reach out to Cisco directly to get my official answers. In my experience, I cannot fully trust what we see in the release notes if there is evidence that it might not be accurate.

Thx,

The release note which you are referring  is 2 years old. I believe CUCM 12.5 was released in 2019 jan. So 12.5 version  couldn’t be included in the release note.

Response Signature

nowak.dariusz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Not sure whether CIPC 8.6.6 is officially supported by CISCO... but I can assure it works with CUCM 12.5, Windows10x64 and Win11x64.

In my case missing Microsoft Visual C++ library was causing CIPC 8.6.6 crash at launch on fresh installed lab's VMs (ESXi). 

I have been struggling with this for days trying different OSes: Win10x64, Win11x64.....

Finally, after installation CIPC 8.6.6.17 on Win8.1x32 error saying: "The program can't start because 'MSVCR100.dll' is missing from your computer" had revealed.

Solution: installing both 'vcredist_x86.exe' and 'vcredist_x64.exe' on x64 machines.