Helpful
Replies

CIPC Error - External Transfer failed

Pramodh.vtb
Level 1
Level 1

Issue : Users from one cluster are unable to transfer the call to another

History

++ Direct Call to the transferring Number works, its just that, answered calls cannot be transferred.

Situation 1
85051009 --Can call to  85051515 [Directly, works without any trouble]

Situation 2
83381013 --> Calls 85051009 ----> then call is Transferred to CTI 85051515 [Transfer not working, Error ]

Customer Number : 83381013
Calling Number : 85051009
Called Number : 85051515

Error : External Transfer failed [Screenshot Attached]

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

it says external call transfer restricted, not failed. to make this working you need to disable the External Call Transfer Restrictions.

You said you are dealing 85051515, but the screenshot show something else on the screen?

Go throught below docuemnt for  External Call Transfer Restrictions

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/11_5_1/featureConfig/CUCM_BK_C7DC69D3_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_115/CUCM_BK_C7DC69D3_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_115_chapter_0100100.html

Response Signature

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

it says external call transfer restricted, not failed. to make this working you need to disable the External Call Transfer Restrictions.

You said you are dealing 85051515, but the screenshot show something else on the screen?

Go throught below docuemnt for  External Call Transfer Restrictions

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/11_5_1/featureConfig/CUCM_BK_C7DC69D3_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_115/CUCM_BK_C7DC69D3_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_115_chapter_0100100.html

Response Signature

Greetings Nithin,

Thanks for the response, let me answer your query. Appreciate if you can take a look at the both call logs i have attached  

You said you are dealing 85051515, but the screenshot show something else on the screen? 85051515 is a CTI which is registered to cluster in INDIA and is pointed to CVP via SiP trunk, hence have a Prefix to match the CVP.

There are two situation 

1 --- Phone A 85052550 [INBAN Registered]--> Calls Phone B 85051009 [INBAN Registered] - Transferred -  CTI 85051515 [INBAN Registered] - Worked

2 --- Phone A 83381013 [US Registered]--> Calls Phone B 85051009 [INBAN Registered] - Transferred -  CTI 85051515 [INBAN Registered] - NOT WORKING

I suspect Geolocation Policy is causing this trouble.

In our Setup i have checked the below

++ Logical Partitioning Default Policy: DENY
++ route pattern [NA]
++ gateway --> [ Use System Default [OffNet]]
++ trunk --> [ Use System Default [OffNet]]
++ Service Parameters.--> set to Offnet [Default]
++ Logical Partitioning Configuration - Conflicts

Hi Pramodh,

You are right. In this case, the call is not allowed as per Logical Partitioning policy. You can call any business extension in India from an US extension but the same call cannot be extended to any External number (through local provider in India) as this will be a toll fraud.

This call should be blocked as per the regulations in India. 

HTH
Rajan
Please rate all useful posts by clicking the star below and mark solutions as accepted wherever applicable

Greetings Rajan,

Appreciate your quick crisp update, but i have a question here, would you be kind to assist me.

The number to which we are transferring the call isn't external Call [Its a CTI which is registered to INBAN] why this call would be treated as EXTERNAL Call?

Hi Pramodh,

ok in that case, you need to verify the Geolocation configuration and allow calls going to the CVP SIP trunk to CVP. Check whether that SIP trunk is coming under Interior category and not Border in the LP config. Only the devices connecting to Provider for external calls should be marked as Border and anything internal should be marked as "Interior"

HTH
Rajan
Please rate all useful posts by clicking the star below and mark solutions as accepted wherever applicable